Hot chocolate is my drink of choice in the winter. So for my final drink recipe created for Sweet N Low, I had to include a homemade hot chocolate. But I didn’t want to just do hot chocolate, so I decided to mix things up and share a peppermint hot chocolate recipe. It is the perfect drink for sipping by the fire on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa’s arrival.
This post is brought to you by Sweet ‘N Low as part of the #donthesistaste campaign.
For a little extra something-something, substitute 1 oz of peppermint schnapps for the peppermint extract to create a special Christmas cocktail for adult friends and family.
Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups of milk**
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract (alternate 1 oz peppermint schnapps)
- 2 packets of Sweet N Low
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Mini candy canes (optional)
** Make with your choice of milk or almond milk. Use skim milk to keep this drink “skinny.”
Warm milk and chocolate in a small pot over medium heat until chocolate is fully melted and combined with the milk. Add Sweet N Low and peppermint extract.
Serve warm and garnish with mini marshmallows and mini candy canes.
Be sure to check out my other drink recipes inspired by Sweet N Low.
- Skinny Red, White And Blue Margarita
- Strawberry Lemonade Mimosa
- Strawberry White Wine Slushie
- Pumpkin Smoothie
- Kid-Friendly Witches’ Brew Halloween Punch
- Hot Cranberry Apple Cider