It’s a well-know fact that I am not much of a cook, but it is very important for me that my family eats fresh, well-balanced meals. I am always on the look out for tasty and easy side dishes. It’s not easy because I am, well, a picky eater too. This means we are typically very boring rotating through bags of frozen veggies. So I was excited when I saw an uber easy recipe for cooked carrots on McCormick’s look book. I mean crazy easy.
But then I hesitated, one of the ingredients was ground red pepper ground (cayenne powder). Totally outside my normal pallet of flavors, but I was committed to try it.
Guess what?!!? It is delish! So yummy, in fact, that my family of three ate the entire bag of carrots! Even K was asking for more carrots, so you can be assured that the pepper doesn’t make it spicy just flavorful.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground (cayenne)
1. Cook carrots as directed on package. (Mine said 10-12 minutes in the microwave.)
2. Mix butter, nutmeg, garlic salt and red pepper in small bowl. Pour over carrots; toss to coat well. Serve.
That’s it! So tasty.
You can find more yummy recipes on McCormick’s Look Book. (It’s set up kind of like Pinterest.) And speaking of Pinterest, McCormick is hosting a Pinterest contest where 25 winners will win spring backing kits and 10 winners will have their recipe featured in the McCormick.com Look Book. Here’s how to enter:
- Follow McCormick on Pinterest
- Create your own “McCormick Pin-spiration” board
- Select five (or more) spring recipes from McCormick.com to pin on your board
- Snap a photo of your own re-creation of one of the recipes and pin it to your “McCormick Pin-spiration” board
- Don’t forget! Tag all of the pins on the board with the tag @McCormick Spice Pin-spiration OR @McCormick Pin-spiration and include the name of the McCormick product used in the personal recipe photo
- Email your completed board to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure – I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.