It’s a hot Florida summer, but Elsa has cast a magical spell over Hollywood Studios and the whole gang is taking a Frozen Summer vacation. For Disney guests visiting this summer there is snow and ice and even a few flurries to be found at Hollywood Studios. It’s a Frozen dream come true, and you don’t want to miss it.
The hot and the cold are both so intense. Put them together? It just makes sense!
Welcome to Frozen Summer at Hollywood Studios — the coolest thing happening at Disney. From the time you arrive, the Frozen Summer takeover is everywhere you look from signage to little girls dressed as Anna and Elsa traipsing through the gates singing a merry little tune, “Let it go…”
Warm Hugs From Olaf – Everyone’s favorite snowman is on hand every morning to greet guests during the Hollywood Studios opening at the park’s center stage. With details about events for the day and happy greetings, it is fans’ first chance to be part of the Frozen-themed experience. Throughout the day, Olaf pops up from time to time to share warm hugs and greetings. Be sure to say hi!
The Frozen Sing-Along Celebration is clever retelling of the story with clips from the movie. It is also one of three times during the Frozen Summer celebration that guests can see Anna, Elsa and Kristoff. Just in case you haven’t memorized every song, the words are on the screen. But no one around me seemed to need them. Watch for audience members who get really into singing, it was just adorable. I even saw some dads singing along!
Having never actually seen snow, my girls wanted to build a snowman over and over again.
Even if you don’t skate, hang around to enjoy the ice shows throughout the day. And kids get a kick out of the mini Zamboni that cleans the ice before each show.
A blue Frozen slushy in a souvenir cup is also on the menu ($9.75). In case you get out of Oaken’s without a treat, Olaf cupcakes are also available throughout the park at various restaurants as are other specialty drinks in souvenir cups, and there are even more Frozen Treats available in Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post.
Frozen Fireworks – Finally, your day of Frozen fun is capped off by the spectacular Frozen fireworks show. In addition to the fireworks overhead, make sure you have a view of the main stage (or one of the big screens) for a final farewell to Anna, Elsa and Kristof. This is also where you might see your photo if you shared one with the #OlafSummerVacation hashtag.
- Frozen Summer takes place daily at Hollywood Studios through September 1, 2014.
- The Frozen Summer event is part of a regular day’s admission to the park and all activities (except for ice skating) are included.
- A special Premium Package was available with reserved seating for the parade and fireworks, however, all premium packages have been sold out.
- There is not a Frozen character meet and greet available at Hollywood Studios. To meet Anna and Elsa you must visit Princess Fairytale Hall at the Magic Kingdom. (There is no meet and greet for Kristof at this time.)
- Visit Wandering Oaken’s early in the day as it tends to be less crowded.
- Families are picked out of the crowd to walk in the parade behind Anna and Elsa, but it is just one of those right time, right place situations.
- Yes, there really are Frozen dresses and dolls!
Olaf is so happy to “finally do what frozen things do in summer” – won’t you join him?