Got big plans for a summer BBQ? Then I have a big burger to feed your guests — the Cabbage And Pineapple Slaw Burgers. It is tangy, sweet and has a spicy kick! Your guests are going to gobble it up, and you are going to love how easy it is to dress up your burgers.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, divided
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
Makes 8 servings.
*Note, I left the red onion out of my salad because of my family’s personal tastes.
Mix meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (160ºF).
Combine remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients (except buns).
Fill buns with burgers and coleslaw.
Optional – Add 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro with coleslaw before adding to sandwiches.
- No one wants a side of bugs with their burger, so serve up your potato salad, slaw and other sides in single serving size jars with lids – a stylish alternative to covering bowls with plastic wrap and, bonus, it keeps the bugs out! (Bonus – great way to reuse old baby food jars!)
- Keep kids (and adults) entertained while the BBQ is heating up by lining the table with butcher-block paper and setting out a few buckets of inviting crayons. Kids can doodle until dinner, and after dinner cleanup is a cinch!
- When its hot, hot, hot outside, keep guests supplied with a basket of things to help them stay cool like handheld fans, silly hats and cool shades. They will thank you for the thoughtfulness and they will stay busy snappy silly picture.
That’s my new BBQ burger, and I am #Proudofit.
For more ideas on how to ensure your salads, dips and sandwiches don’t go unnoticed visit MIRACLEWHIP.com.