Got big plans for a summer BBQ? Then I have a big burger to feed your guests — the Cabbage And Pineapple Slaw Burgers. It is tangy, sweet and has a spicy kick! Your guests are going to gobble it up, and you are going to love how easy it is to dress up your burgers.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, divided
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
Makes 8 servings.
*Note, I left the red onion out of my salad because of my family’s personal tastes.
Mix meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (160ºF).
Combine remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients (except buns).
Fill buns with burgers and coleslaw.
Optional – Add 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro with coleslaw before adding to sandwiches.
- No one wants a side of bugs with their burger, so serve up your potato salad, slaw and other sides in single serving size jars with lids – a stylish alternative to covering bowls with plastic wrap and, bonus, it keeps the bugs out! (Bonus – great way to reuse old baby food jars!)
- Keep kids (and adults) entertained while the BBQ is heating up by lining the table with butcher-block paper and setting out a few buckets of inviting crayons. Kids can doodle until dinner, and after dinner cleanup is a cinch!
- When its hot, hot, hot outside, keep guests supplied with a basket of things to help them stay cool like handheld fans, silly hats and cool shades. They will thank you for the thoughtfulness and they will stay busy snappy silly picture.
That’s my new BBQ burger, and I am #Proudofit.
For more ideas on how to ensure your salads, dips and sandwiches don’t go unnoticed visit MIRACLEWHIP.com.
My husband loves coleslaw! I am going to have to try this recipe!
Wow this looks good, were having a family bbq this weekend I’m going to make this for the bbq, thank you for sharing
I don’t think I ever had pineapple on a burger before but I love slaw on burgers
Daniela Tapia says
Definitely a different kick to this burger! I like Sriracha sauce but not a big fan of coleslaw, but overall it’s a must try.
I will look forward to try it with my family!
Holly Thomas says
My husband would love this.
Cynthia R says
I’ve done the slaw before but definitely never thought of pineapple, which I just love!
This looks delicious! I definitely have to try this recipe.
Kamla L. says
I never thought to put pineapple in slaw. Pineapple sounds like a nice variation to and the sweet to slaw and the sriracha would ad a spicy kick. I definitely have to try this. Thanks!
michelle oakley warner says
That is so awesome, about a month ago my daughter discovered slaw on hot dogs and fell in love, so i am so sure this is going to be a huge hit, great idea. I never even thought a burger too, duh,lol.
Crystal T says
This looks delicious and perfect for when we have friends and family over to hang out on our screen porch. It is definitely a combination I wouldn’t have thought to put together but sounds phenomenal together. Excited to try it!
I typically don’t really like spicy food, but the combo of sweet and spicy on this burger sounds delicious!
Cassandra Eastman says
Mmm this sounds SO good! I love that it has Sriracha in it!!
Coleslaw is one of my favorite foods …and this sounds delicious!
This is a great combo I have seen on Man Vs. Food! Yum!
Bridgette R says
I will have to show this to my hubby, he is a big fan of coleslaw. I might even have to give it a shot with my wimpy & picky taste buds 🙂
Robin Wilson says
I love slaw but have never had any with sriracha sauce before. Actually I don’t know that I have that kind of sauce before at all. If it is a hot/spicy sauce then it may not be for me. But I gotta tell ya that burger looks delicious!
Natalie F says
This looks really good, and a crowd pleaser. I will for sure be making this. And I love the tip of putting sides etc. in reusable glass jars. A great idea! I will be using that idea for sure.
Natalie Brown says
This looks absolutely delicious! I would have never thought of adding Miracle Whip to burgers but it’s a great idea. I like your idea of having sides in single serving containers to avoid bugs. It would also serve to avoid cross-contamination. Thank-you!