*Updated for 2018 with free summer activities for kids!*
15 Free Summer Activities For Kids
- KidsBowlFree.com – Register your kids for two free games of bowling all summer long at lanes across the country.
- AMF Bowling – Register at AMF Bowling for free bowling for kids this summer, and you will receive a voucher each week for 2 free games per day through September 13.
- KidsSkateFree.com – Register your kids for coupons to skate free all summer long at rinks across the country.
- Free LEGO Model Build – LEGO offers free LEGO Builds on the first Tuesday or Wednesday of the month. Be sure to register in advance, spots fill up fast.
- Free Home Depot Kids Workshops – Home Depot offers kids (5 – 12) workshops the first Saturday of every month between 9 – 12 pm. Kids get to keep their craft and receive a Free Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
- American Girl Crafts – Stop by your local American Girl Store on the first Wednesday of each month for a fun and free craft! Each month will feature a different craft and theme, including: Girl of the Year, Contemporary Characters, BeForever, and more.
- Lakeshore Learning Center – Free craft projects for kids every Saturday from 11 – 3 pm.
- Free National Park Entrance – Visit more than 100 national parks for free on August 25 and September 30.
- Free National Park Entrance for Fourth Graders – Did you know fourth graders, along with their siblings and up to three adults can get into our National Parks for free? If you have a fourth grader, help them sign up for a free pass and start exploring.
- Free Museum Admission – Bank of America card holders can get free general admission to 150 museums nationwide the first full weekend of each month. Check to see what museums are free near you.
- Earn Free Chuck E Cheese Tokens – Enterprising kids can earn free tokens to play at Chuck E Cheese’s by doing things like cleaning their rooms, brushing their teeth and doing summer reading. Download the free rewards calendars of your choice and let them start earning their fun
- Apple Summer Camps: Select Apple Retail stores hold summer camps where kids can make movies, create photo slideshows, write and record songs, put on a show for everyone, and learn how to do new things on a Mac. Each free workshop lasts three hours. Recommended for kids ages 8-12.
- Free Youth Spark Camps at Microsoft – YouthSpark Camps get kids of all ages coding, creating games and apps, and having a blast in the process. It’s all part of computer science.
- FREE Museum & Cultural Center Admission – The Target First program brings FREE and reduced-price events around the country. Many are the first weekend of a month, but check the calendar and locations near you to be sure.
- Pottery Barn Kids Book Club – Visit Pottery Barn Kids on Tuesdays from 11 – 11:30 for story time. Kids will get a book club passport the first time they attend and will earn a free special gift after attending five times.
- Bass Pro Shops Family Summer Camp – Bass Pro Shops host free activities and crafts for the family every Tuesday and Thursday starting at noon and Saturday and Sunday starting at noon. The events include free crafts, shooting gallery, casting pond, family workshops, campfire s’mores, photo, and merit badge workshops. Please note that not all activities are available at all Bass Pro Shops.
- Free ebooks for kids – Keep up with summer reading by downloading free ebooks to for your kids to read.
Nearly Free Summer Activities for Kids
- Michael’s – Find
free$2 kid’s craft projects on various Saturdays all year long. (Kid’s craft classes used to be free, but are now $2 including supplies.)