As we welcome a new year, I took a moment to reflect on the past year and past decade.
- At the beginning of 2010, my goal was to host more giveaways. Why? Because it’s fun to giveaway free stuff, and I know it is fun for you to win free stuff.
- I also wanted to increase my readership, and thanks to you I did. Hello new readers and friends!
- My goal was 1,000 Facebook fans. Hello 1,234 fans (what a great number). If you aren’t one of them, come say hi on Facebook (if you are, tell your friends!)
- Learned to love Twitter, come say hi there too!
- I started a newsletter. Do you subscribe yet?
- My daughter won a photo contest, thanks in great part to my readers voting for her!
- Joined a blogging community, MomDot, that taught me more than I can express and helped me feel part of something.
- Attended my first and second movie screenings – TinkerBell and the Great Fairy Rescue and Tangled.
- Went to my first blogging conference – Brandcation – now I am hooked.
- Booked my second blogging conference for spring 2011 – Disney Social Media Moms, stay tuned.
- I hosted my first Gift Guide, complete with more than 27 giveaways.
Ushering in 2011 brought with it the close of a huge decade – the decade I became an adult and we became a family. Here’s my personal recap of the decade.
2000 – Y2K didn’t crash 🙂
2001 – Met my future husband
2002 – Graduated from the University of Florida (GO GATORS!)
2003 – Got engaged
2004 – Got married
2005 – Built and moved into our home
2006 – Gators were National Champs 🙂
2007 – Got pregnant
2008 – Gave birth to our beautiful daughter
2009 – Started TheSuburbanMom
2010 – Daughter started pre-school, and I learned a lot about a lot.
2011 – ???????????????
For 2011, my goals are to publish more DIY projects because I love to be crafty. Bring even more exciting giveaways to my you. Of course, I will continue to send tons of good deals you way (because I can’t resist a good deal!). I’d like to be invited to more movie screenings, those are wonderful, and I would love to travel for my blog (wouldn’t you love to hear about my travels?). I also want to interact with my readers more, so I’d love to hear what you’d like to see more of.
Here’s to a great 2011 for all!