In our home we are always looking for new ways to be “green,” and when doing so can save money, it’s a win-win. If you were to break down your electric bill to see the largest consumers of energy in your home, appliances would be at the top of the list. That’s where programs such as ENERGY STAR can help by easily identifying appliances and electronics that will be friendly to the earth and your wallet. This post is sponsored by Best Buy.
What is ENERGY STAR?
- ENERGY STAR certified consumer electronic products save energy as compared to non-certified products because they are more efficient in all usage modes: sleep, idle and on.
- ENERGY STAR is a good choice for people interested in reducing their energy bill while helping to protect the environment.
- ENERGY STAR certified products save customers money. All products come with two price tags: the purchase price and the cost of operating the product. ENERGY STAR certified products can help customers save money on operating costs by reducing energy expenses without sacrificing performance.
- ENERGY STAR certified products reduce energy usage, which is good for the environment. Reduced energy helps to: fight climate change, reduce carbon emissions and other pollutants, preserve Earth’s natural resources.
If you are considering upgrading your appliances or electronics, Best Buy’s commitment to sustainability has made it easy to find ENERGY STAR rated products in a wide-range of categories including refrigerators, washer, dryers, sound bars, laptops and more. Not only are these products some of the latest and greatest models, ENERGY STAR products help you save money each month on your electric bill by reducing the amount of energy used.
ENERGY STAR certified dryers use 20% less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. Innovative energy-saving technologies such as moisture sensors that efficiently detect when clothes are properly dry and shut off and convenience features like steam cycles that reduce the need to iron help to save energy while saving money.
ENERGY STAR certified sound bars are up to 50% more energy efficient compared to conventional models, and paired with an ENERGY STAR certified television you can really maximize your energy savings potential.
In 2016, Best Buy was named the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the third consecutive year for its commitment to helping to reduce energy use and protect the environment by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
- In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save $67,120,515 in annual energy costs.
- In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased ENERGY STAR® certified products to collectively save enough energy to help power 70,538 households for a year.
- In 2015, Best Buy customers purchased enough ENERGY STAR® certified Audio Equipment and Sound Bars to collectively help prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to removing 2,013 cars from the road for an entire year.
Did you know many local utility companies also offer rebates on smart home products and appliances? Best Buy has made it easy to locate these rebates with its Appliance and Smart Home Rebate Finder. It’s a great way to reduce the initial cost and save money each month.
If you are in the market for upgrades, be sure to start your search Best Buy’s list of ENERGY STAR certified products to ensure your purchase will be the best choice for our planet and your wallet.