I was compensated by ACT for my time on this Brush Your Teeth Sign post, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Halloween is nearly upon us and that means the surge of candy is also upon us. (I dare not admit how much candy corn I have personally eaten!) While there is nothing you can do to escape candy, at this time of year it is especially important that kids are practicing good oral hygiene. To help kids remember to brush I created a Halloween-themed printable for the bathroom.
5 Tips To Scare Away Cavities
- Make it a family affair– Kids learn by example, so don’t just tell them, show them. Let your kids see you brush and floss your teeth twice a day and talk about why it is important.
- Limit the sweets – From October – December it feels like there is an overload of sweets everywhere you turn. Put reasonable limits on the sweets and make sure kids brush after eating sweets.
- Rinse well – Brushing and flossing might not be enough, add a mouth rinse like ACT Kids Anticavity Rinse (for ages 6+) for even more cavity fighting power.**
- Visit the dentist – Keep those pearly whites sparkling by scheduling regular (every six months) check ups with the dentist. If kids are nervous, find a pediatric dentist who is more likely to have a kid-friendly environment.
- Hang a reminder – Add to your bathroom decor with a friendly reminder to brush your teeth like the free printable I created below.
Printable Brush Your Teeth Sign
I am a big fan of printables because they are an easy and inexpensive way to swap out decor. I especially love seasonal printables, so to add a touch of Halloween to my daughters’ bathroom, I created a couple of printable bathroom signs with a Halloween flare.
In my house, I will swap these out for the images that are normally in place and once Halloween is over I will either put back the regular art or perhaps get ready for the holidays with something else.
Download the free Brush Your Teeth sign here.
Download the free Wash Your Hands sign here.
**ACT Kids Anticavity Rinse was ranked as the #1 recommended children’s mouthwash by pharmacists in the 2016 OTC Guide from Pharmacy Times.
ACT provided me with the Anticavity Goody Bag pictured above and is also offering one as a giveaway to one of my lucky readers. To enter, please use Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends October 28, 2016 at 12:01 am.