Everyone is excited to see Paddington, right? Now in theaters, it’s time to see Paddington Bear in an all new movie.
My girls can’t wait to see this movie, in fact we have plans to see it for a friend’s birthday party. Isn’t a movie birthday party a cute idea? Everyone is very excited.
About Paddington Bear The Movie
From the beloved novels by Michael Bond and producer David Heyman (Harry Potter), Paddington tells the story of the comic misadventures of a young Peruvian bear (voiced by Ben Whishaw) who travels to the city in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone, he begins to realize that city life is not all he had imagined – until he meets the kindly Brown family who read the label around his neck that says “Please look after this bear. Thank you.” and offer him a temporary haven. It looks as though his luck has changed until this rarest of bears catches the eye of a museum taxidermist.
Starring Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Julie Walters, Jim Broadbent, Peter Capaldi, Nicole Kidman, and Ben Whishaw as the voice of Paddington.
Paddington Bear Facts
- Paddington Bear is based on a lone teddy bear that author Michael Bond noticed on a shelf in a London store near Paddington Station on Christmas Eve 1956, which he bought as a present for his wife.
- Paddington Bear is actually based on a Spectacled Bear, which is from Puer.
- The first Paddington Bear stuffed toy to be manufactured was created in 1972.
- There are 24 Paddington Bear books.
- The Paddington books have sold more than 35 million copies worldwide and have been translated into over forty languages, including Latin.
- There have been two Paddington Bear TV shows: one in 1975 and one in 1989.
- Author Michael Bond is still writing and lives in London, not far from Paddington Station where it all began.
Paddington Bear Activity Pages
In my Paddington movie trailer post last week I included a couple of activity pages. This week, I have even more to share. I am most excited about the Mad Libs because my daughter loves Mad Libs, she thinks they are hilarious.
Paddington Bear Giveaway
To enter, please fill out the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends January 30.