These days everyone talks about their cell phones, but what about the home phone?! Many of us still use our home phones daily; even if we can’t email, text and play games from it. They are still useful to, you know, make phone calls! And the are a must for those who live in bad cell reception areas, like me.
In fact, I even have my cell phone number set to forward to my home phone so that when I am home I can answer the phone from any cordless phone in the house. (In case you are wondering, I do this by using a Google Voice number as my primary phone number. That way I can point my phone number to ring at multiple locations. Just in case you were wondering.)
So our home phone is pretty important. We’ve owned several different VTech phones over the years. In fact, in the almost 10 years we’ve been married that is the only brand we have owned. And typically we upgrade for some new fancy feature long before our phone gives out.
What I like about VTech cordless phones in general is the size/shape of the handset. It is comfortable to old between your ear and your shoulder, which is important because when I am on the phone at home I am typically doing three things at one time.
The newest phone in our house is the VTech CS6859-2. When I first opened the box, I was thrilled to discover two handsets inside the box. We like to have at least three handsets in the house so that there is always near by. (And since I am apt to walk off with the handsets, it is nice to have back ups.) I also discovered that additional handsets that work with the CS6859-2 system can be purchased for $15, and you can add up to handsets that will all work together.
To me, the main selling feature of this phone the fully functional base. What I mean by that is that it has a full keypad and the ability to place and take calls right from the base. So when my handset has gone missing, again, I can still answer a call directly from the base — you know the only part of the phone I can’t walk off with and lose.
Other of the cool features of the VTech CS6859-2 include:
- Caller ID/Call Waiting – Know who’s calling with Caller ID/Call Waiting by storing 50 calls. Handset displays the name, number, time and date of incoming calls
- Quiet Mode – Silence the ringer on the handset and base unit immediately, or for an extended period of time.
- Digital Answering System – With up to 14 minutes of recording time, the digital answering system grabs calls when you can’t
- Full Duplex Handset and Base Speakerphones – Enjoy a speakerphone that can keep up with your calls. Increase participation by allowing both ends to speak—and be heard—at the same time for conversations that are more true to life
- Backlit cordless handset keypad and display – The entire keypad illuminates along with the LCD screen, allowing for easier viewing in dim light
- ECO Mode power-conserving technology – Power-conserving technology manages consumption for optimal battery performance
Vtech has another winner with the VTech CS6859-2 Cordless Phone.
One lucky winner will receive a VTech CS6859-2 Cordless Phone and a $100 Walmart gift card.
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway ends March 20.