If you didn’t make it to the theater to see highly acclaimed Lincoln, the time has come for you to watch this powerful and inspiring movie from the comfort of your own couch. In just four short months since the movie’s nationwide release Lincoln is now available on DVD/Blu-Ray.
It has been six months since I first saw Lincoln as part of a very special pre-screening on one of Disney’s studio lots in Burbank, and when the movie arrived on my doorstep I couldn’t wait to watch it again. Remembering the moments that sent chills down my arms when Academy Award Winning Daniel Day-Lewis portrayed Lincoln as more than just a president, as a man, a father and as a husband, I was again transfixed watching the familiar story unfold. Read my full Lincoln movie review.
I enjoyed watching the movie again with my husband so we could finally compare notes and rehash the movie and all the reasons it should have won the Academy Award for best picture. (Although I admit that I have still yet to see Argo.)
This is one of those movies everyone should see. Watch it to remind yourself of everything that was sacrificed for the ratification of the 13th amendment, watch it for the pure admiration of the cinematography or watch it just because – just watch it. And if you have teens in the house, have them watch it too.
Lincoln is available on DVD, Blu-Ray/DVD two-disc combo pack or four-disc combo pack.
The 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Super Set (Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) Bonus Features include:
- The Journey To Lincoln—Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen. (available on all versions)
- A Historic Tapestry: Richmond, Virginia—Steven Spielberg and team discuss the historical significance of Richmond, Virginia, and why they chose to shoot the film there. (available on both Blu-Ray versions)
- In The Company Of Character—Delve into Daniel Day-Lewis’ portrayal of Lincoln, and discover the authenticity and openness created by the actors and filmmakers on set.
- Crafting The Past—Examine the re-creation of Lincoln’s era through authentic period details in production design, costume and makeup.
- Living With Lincoln—Follow Steven Spielberg, the cast and crew through the shooting of the film, from the battle at Jenkins’ Ferry, through the epic 13th Amendment showdown in the House of Representatives, to Lincoln’s tragic end.
- In Lincoln’s Footsteps—Explore the film’s editing, sound design, and the subtle yet poignant musical score by John Williams, and discover how relevant and inspiring Lincoln still is today.
I received a copy of this movie to facilitate this post, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply