You’d miss me. You know you would. And my family would too, I am certain of it… At least, I am pretty certain. 🙂 In honor of Disney’s March 11 release of “Mars Needs Moms,” SocialMoms posted the question, “What are the top ten things you think your kids would miss most about you if you were abducted by aliens/Martians.” It’s a fun question, so I pondered what my daughter would miss the most. Since I don’t cook, I know she would eat fine (thanks Dad), but there are other things she would miss…
- Crafts – I consider myself rather crafty, and I love to come up with projects for my daughter and I to do together. Since she is approaching her 3rd birthday, this is only recently beginning to branch out of coloring, but I have big plans. If I were abducted by Martians, I can assure you craft time would be no more.
- Singing – I love to sing, and it seems that love has been passed along to my daughter. Since my hubby’s repertoire of kids songs is limited to “Twinkle Twinkle,” I know my daughter would miss singing.
- Rocking – My daughter has recently become insistent about our time rocking in her “pink chair.” It’s something we have always done, but now it is so part of her routine that if we are in a hurry to go somewhere after nap time, I better leave at least 2 mins to rock/snuggle in her chair before we go, or else.
- Sorting laundry – I know, this one sounds like more of a chore, but at her age sorting laundry is a whole event. My daughter LOVES to sort laundry. In fact, my dear hubby helped me with laundry over the weekend, and she was very disappointed that she didn’t get to help sort the laundry. It’s our little game, and Dad just doesn’t get how to play. (Plus I am certain that all of her pink clothes would run all over her white clothes and stain removing would be a thing of the past – it is one talent my hubby doesn’t have.)
- Disney – Of course Dad would still take her to Disney if I weren’t around, but since I am the Disney lover in the house, and I guarantee she wouldn’t have as much fun there without Mom.
- Fashionista – My sweet daughter is always dressed to impress… unless Dad dresses her. Enough said.
- Sick snuggles – No one takes care of you when you are sick better than Mom. Dad is a bit afraid of catching it himself, while Mom will dive right in and hold her snotty, feverish self all night long. Mommy makes it better.
- Party Planning – I LOVE to throw a good party, and I plan every party down to the last detail. If Mom was gone, there would be no coordinated invites and thank you notes, no goodie bags that make her friends feel like they were the birthday kid and no handmade crafts to make the party extra special.
- Miss Manners – This is one that she might not appreciate until she’s a mom (or at least older), but if I were gone she’s miss out on the importance of writing Thank You notes, how a thoughtful card can turn someone’s day around and how a gift is not truly appreciated until it is properly recognized.
- Mommy – I don’t cook, I am messy and I am many times flawed. And yet, I know that no one can replace Mom. So if something were to happen to me, I know my little girl would miss me for me.
Each and every mom is special to their kids, even when they grow up and have kids of their own. If you were abducted by Martians, your kids would miss you too for your own wonderful reasons. Mars Needs Moms and so do our kids!
Disclosure – I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.0