This Mother’s Day, Western Union is celebrating mothers with its Return the Love campaign. The campaign is focused on reminding all of us of the countless acts of love mom has showered us throughout our lives. Although we all have good intentions of getting mom something she wants for mother’s day, a Western Union survey revealed that more than 40% of moms pretend to like their gifts. (Yikes!)
To help make sure mom’s gift is exactly what she needs, Western Union has introduced the Western Union prepaid gift card. For a $5 fee (plus the cost of the gift card), you can purchase a gift card with amounts up to $100, a customizable printed greeting card, a personalized voice message and first class shipping. Convenient for the giver, yes. Something mom can always use and will never return, yes. Win-win!
As part of the Return the Love campaign, Western Union teamed up with Wyclef Jean and Paulina Rubio for a special concert honoring military moms. Western Union is also hosting a Flickr® page (flickr.com/groups/love2010) where consumers can share photos of their moms. Each week, Western Union will select photos from this gallery to display on the company’s home page, www.westernunion.com.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could win a $50 gift card from Western Union? You can. Western Union has generously provided 5 $50 gift cards for TheSuburbanMom to giveaway. Yes, you read that right, TheSuburbanMom will be awarding 5 winners $50 gift cards (to be used anywhere).
Mandatory Entry – In order to enter this content, you must tell me what you really want for Mother’s Day (or Father’s Day for the dads). (If you aren’t a parent, yet just tell me what you would want.)
Of course you want more ways to win, so after you do the above feel free to do any or all of the following (leave a separate comment for each additional entry you do):
- Sign up for my brand new newsletter.
- Follow TheSuburbanMom on Twitter (@SuburbanMomClub) and tweet about this give away. “I just entered to #win $50 from TheSuburbanMom @SuburbanMomClub (5 WINNERS) #giveaway at http://wp.me/pQHaE-z2” (Or just use the retweet button)
- Become a fan of TheSuburbanMom on Facebook. (Already a fan, that counts too, just leave a comment.)
- Fan Western Union on Facebook and leave a comment on the wall telling them I sent you and tag TheSuburbanMom (Say something like “I am Returning the Love from @TheSuburbanMom and I hope to win $50! )
- Leave a comment on any other post on my blog, including entering another giveaway! (1 entry)
- Subscribe to TheSuburbanMom’s RSS Feed
Contest ends May 20, 2010 at 5 pm. Open to U.S. residents in the continental U.S. only. Winning comment will be chosen at random by Random.org and contacted for shipping information. Winner will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Discloser – Western Union sent me an Mother’s Day gift — a $50 Western Union gift card. What mom couldn’t use $50? They also sent me additional $50 Western Union-branded gift cards to give to TheSuburbanMom readers for Mother’s Day!