Summer is fast approaching, and as the days grow longer we will spend many evenings outside with friends and family. While relaxing by the pool or out on the deck at the beach it’s nice to unwind with a refreshing cocktail. My favorite summer cocktail is sangria, and in the spirit of summer, I gave it a patriotic makeover creating an easy Red, White and Blue Sangria.
This is a sponsored post.
Make a couple of glasses of red, white and blue sangria for a few friends or make a pitcher for your Memorial Day party. It’s a great way to mix up something new.
The red, white and blue sangria stars the Frontera sauvignon blanc from Excelsior Wines. Crisp and delicious on its own, this Chilian wine makes a wonderful base for this summer cocktail.
Red, White and Blue Sangria
- 1 chilled bottle of Frontera Sauvignon Blanc (750 ml)
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 oz. club soda per glass
- 1 oz. brandy per glass (optional)
- 3-4 strawberries, sliced into bite-size pieces *
- 1/2 green apple, peeled and sliced into bite-size pieces *
- a handful of blueberries *
* I layered the fruit in individual glasses for serving. The fruit quantities above are per glass. If you want to layer fruit in the pitcher you need one 16oz container of strawberries, 3 green apples and a pint of blueberries.
In a pitcher combine wine, lime juice and honey. Stir until combined.
Layer fruit in glasses (or another pitcher) and pour sangria over the fruit. Refrigerate drinks or pitcher with fruit for at least 15 minutes to allow the fruit flavors to add to the sangria. (Tip I like to let my fruit sit in the wine for at least a few hours, if there is time.)
When you are ready to serve, top with club soda and brandy.
Serve with a straw and a spoon.