Fairies, adventure, love and rock and roll! That is the new animated film by George Lucas Strange Magic, and my girls loved it. Now available on DVD, Strange Magic is a magical story about fairies who just happen to know some very popular rock and roll tunes. So popular that my daughters were amazed when mom and dad started singing along with the opening song of the movie.
“You know this song?! But how?!”
Little did they know that just about everyone has known the song Can’t Help Falling in Love since the early sixties. Isn’t perspective a funny thing. My girls loved dancing to the music from Strange Magic as if it were all new, but really it was filled with old classics.
In fact, if you need some new kid-friendly tunes for the car this summer the Strange Magic soundtrack is sure to please kids and mom and dad.
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Evan Rachel Wood and Sam Palladio
- I’ll Never Fall in Love Again – Evan Rachel Wood
- Three Little Birds – Elijah Kelley and Meredith Anne Bull
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Marius DeVries
- C’mon Marianne / Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Sam Palladio/Evan Rachel Wood
- Trouble – Alan Cumming
- Love Is Strange – Kristin Chenoweth
- Say Hey – Elijah Kelley
- Mistreated – Alan Cumming
- I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) – Meredith Anne Bull
- Straight On – Evan Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming
- Strange Magic – Evan Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming
- Tell Him / Wild Thing – Meredith Anne Bull, Maya Rudolph, Evan Rachel Wood, Alan Cumming
Strange Magic is a music-filled fairy tale about finding true love in the unlikeliest of places. This magical adventure features a host of colorful characters including a princess who has sworn off love, a dubious villain, a slightly nutty Sugar Plum Fairy, a tenacious elf, a mischievous imp, and a knight who is no Prince Charming. Bring home the enchanting tale the whole family can enjoy today!
Continue the Strange Magic fun at home with free printable Strange Magic activity pages including a maze and a game of memory.
I dare you to watch this trailer and not hum along.