When the invitation reads “Potluck,” what is your go-to item? Whether you don’t have a go-to dish or it is time to change up your routine, I have the answer to your next potluck invite. This Kale Apple Salad has an unexpected zing and with fresh ingredients it is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
It’s perfect for a BBQ or a summer picnic because it feeds 10 people. And if your party is really big, you can double the recipe with no real extra work.
This Kale and Apple Potato Salad Recipe is sponsored by Miracle Whip.
Kale Apple Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 lb. new red potatoes, cut in quarters, cooked & cooled
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion*
- 2 apples, cored and diced
*Note, I left the red onion out of my salad because of my family’s personal tastes.
Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing mixture and mix lightly.
Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
Optional: Sprinkle with poppyseeds or diced, cooked bacon, if desired.
- Make sure your potatoes are all roughly the same size so they cook evenly.
- Start with cool water and bring your potatoes to a boil. This helps make sure the potatoes cook all the way through and don’t get must on the outside while the middle is still hard.
- Leave the pot uncovered to cook.
- check potatoes for doneness with a fork. They are done when you encounter no resistance all the way through the center.
I’ve never eaten Kale before, and I was surprised by how mild it is. For some reason I was expecting something really strong. Since my grocery store carries Kale in a large – LARGE – bag, it looks like I will be coming up with some new Kale recipes too!
For more ideas on how to ensure your salads, dips and sandwiches don’t go unnoticed visit MIRACLEWHIP.com.
For more veggie ideas, check out my cold broccoli salad recipe.
Lisa Kerr says
I am always looking for new and different Potato Salad recipes, so I cant wait to try this one! Thanks for sharing:)