As a savvy shopper, I love finding new ways to save money on everyday things. So I am excited to share the following information about Fuel Rewards via partnership with Collective Bias®.
Everyone likes to save money on fuel right? I mean no one drives all over town bypassing cheap fuel in favor of a more expensive station. Quite the opposite, most of us will drive right past the expensive station in favor of the cheaper one down the road – every time.
What if I told you there was a way that you could magically take control over the price you pay at the pump and decrease your per gallon cost by $0.10, $0.25 or more? Guess what, there is!
Ok, so it isn’t really magic. If it was magic my car would run on compost material à la the revamped DeLorean in Back to the Future. But since is the only way I know to actually lower the price you have to pay for fuel, it feels like magic.
So how does this magic fuel price lowering work?
My magical price lowering tool is the Fuel Rewards Network.
The Fuel Rewards Network™ program is a free loyalty program that helps you save money on fuel. You’ll earn Fuel Rewards® savings for doing things you already do every day, and you can redeem your rewards at the pump to watch your price drop.
Check out this short video clip to learn more:
Pretty cool, right?
As you can see from the video there are a bunch of ways to earn cents off your fuel. Here are some that caught my attention:
- Earn an extra 5¢/gal for the first MasterCard card you link to your FRN Account. Hurry — this offer expires 7/31/13
- Link a MasterCard credit and/or prepaid card to your FRN Account to earn an additional 3¢/gal for every $100 you spend at participating FRN program grocery stores
- When you enroll in the Dining program and link your MasterCard card to your Dining Account, you can earn an additional one-time 5¢/gal bonus for the first $50 you spend dining out at participating dining locations with that card
The Fuel Rewards Network is available at participating grocery stores nationwide. In my area, the program is available at Winn Dixie. As a MasterCard holder and a Winn Dixie shopper, once I learned about this program I had to sign up.
Registration is done online, and the process is really easy. With in five minutes I was set.
With my Winn Dixie loyalty card linked to my Fuel Rewards account, I automatically earn 5¢/gal when I spend $50 on groceries. Plus bonuses for weekly promotional items.
PLUS with my MasterCard I earn more rewards on top of that, like an additional 3¢/gal for every $100.
And because you can track everything on your dashboard, there is no guessing about what bonuses you have earned.
After I signed up, I was off to Winn Dixie to do a little shopping for some very important materials — lemonade and a pitcher for K’s very first lemonade stand. On the hunt I stopped by the clearance spot (my favorite haunt) and discovered K’s favorite (discontinued) toothpaste. K was so happy, I bought all five tubes. I also picked up a few other grocery items we needed, all the while knowing that as my grocery billed racked up, so did my fuel savings! Seem my entire shopping trip here.
I have learned a few important things about the Fuel Rewards program that are worth passing along.
- For grocery store savings, you don’t have to spend the $50 all in one trip. Your rewards are tracked on your dashboard and add up.
- At Winn Dixie in order for your purchases to count toward your Fuel Rewards, you must use your physical loyalty card. For some reason, it does not work when you use your phone number to look up your account. Of course, I learned this the hard way. (I don’t know if this true for other grocery stores.)
- MasterCard rewards take 7-10 days to appear in your dashboard.
How To Redeem Rewards
Once you have accumulated Fuel Rewards, redemption is as easy as scanning your Fuel Rewards card at the pump and watching the price you will pay per gallon drop. (See, I told you it was like magic.)
As of right now I stand to earn 5¢/gal, which will soon become 13¢/gal. On a 20 gallon tank, that is $1 per fill up – soon to be $2.60 per fill up.
For more ideas about how to save with the Fuel Rewards Network, follow Fuel Rewards on Facebook. There you will find regular updates about new promotions and offers.
Start saving today, sign up for the Fuel Rewards Network and see how much you can save at the pump.
So the question is, what will I do with my savings? For this trip I will use my savings to buy a glass of lemonade (or two) at my daughter’s first lemonade stand. Long term, I’ll add my savings to my savings jar to be used for a home improvement. Next on my home wish list — new curtains. Every penny adds up.