This post brought to you by Comfort and Harmony. All opinions are 100% mine.
It is comical how the smallest people (babies) seem to need the most stuff. When I had my first child I discovered that I could live without a lot of baby products available, many of the ones I received collected dust on the shelf seeing little to no use. But then there were some baby products that were used daily, and even some that are used daily for many years. One baby product I could not live without is a nursing pillow.
Yes I nursed my daughters for a long time (13 months with my first and still going strong at 19 months with my second), so that is part of it. But over the years I have found many more uses for nursing pillows than just holding your baby while breastfeeding.
- Breast feeding – Clearly the number one reason to own a nursing pillow is if you are breastfeeding, but it is equally helpful to hold your babe while bottle feeding. Breastfeeding is hard, especially those first few months, so it is important to give yourself all of the help you can get. Step one a good nursing pillow.
- Great-Grandma – I am very lucky that my grandmother lives close by and is able to see her great granddaughters regularly. But she is old and frail, and she didn’t have the strength to hold my baby. Enter the nursing pillow. Propped up by the nursing pillow sitting securely around her waist, I felt confident letting her hold her great-grandbaby. Precious moments I wouldn’t want to miss. (Works equally well for siblings.)
- Tummy time – Nursing pillows are the perfect height to prop up your baby for that all-important tummy time. Of course, you never want to leave you little one unattended, but a nursing pillow can be an excellent support in mastering the skill of head control.
- Supported self feeding – Not just for breastfeeding, the nursing pillow can also be used to help support baby as she learns to drink from a bottle. (Even breastfed babies get bottles of breast milk.) The curved pillow is perfect to cradle baby for self feeding.
- Play time – While the nursing pillow still gets daily use in our house for breastfeeding, it also sees a lot of play time. From sitting with it on the couch to laying on the floor. Both of my girls love to lay around with the nursing pillow.
I recently checked out the Comfort & Harmony Mombo Deluxe in Taggies Fashion Monkeys nursing pillow. There are several features of the mombo nursing pillow that make it unique from other nursing pillows:
- Firm2Soft – The most unique feature of this pillow is that while the top part that the baby lies on is soft and squishy, the bottom is a firm foam. This offers baby and mom additional support from the pillow.
- Unique shape – While the Mombo is U shaped like many other nursing pillows, it is a contoured U. Additionally, because of the firm bottom, the Mombo holds it shape making it more rigid.
- Taggies – There are several different slipcover patterns including ones with taggies, which are fun for baby and help encourage tummy time.
- Vibration – The most unique thing about the Mombo nursing pillow is that it comes with a vibration device that can be easily slipped into the pillow to provide gentle vibration. (Another great feature for tummy time and play time.)
Every new mom needs a nursing pillow, even if they don’t plan to breastfeed, and the Mombo is an excellent option. Learn more about the Comfort and Harmony Mombo by following Comfort & Harmony on Facebook and following Comfort & Harmony on Twitter. The Mombo is available at Toys R Us.
One lucky reader will win a Mombo nursing pillow.
To enter – Please use the Rafflecopter form below to take advantage of your entry opportunities.
Contest ends June 3, 2013.
Since I’m expecting baby 6 this would be for myself 🙂
amanda juarez says
I’d love to win this for my friend who is expecting her first child this summer. 🙂
This would be great! Thanks!
rachel travis says
I would give it to my sis in law who is due any day now!
Lisa L says
I would give it to my daughter who is pregnant with her first baby!
I have 2 so this would definitely be for my friend who is due in July!
trisha kilpatrick says
I would love to win this for myself.
keely hostetter says
My friend who is about to have her 1st baby
Katie K says
To a friend who is expecting her first in July
Monique Rizzo says
My cousin who just had a baby girl.
Thanks for the chance.
Laurie Kelly says
I would keep it and use it – We just had our little boy last week 🙂
I am not sure yet, my sisster in law stole mine so I may need it.
Teresa Brown says
Yea! I finally figured out how to comment on this. This would be for myself. It would be useful due to my back & to help hold on to things. <3
samantha s says
I would love to win one for myself because I have never had any kind of nursing pillow before and I’m excited to try and get one this time around.
Nichol Tone says
I would love to win this for my sister. My little niece will be here soon and she could use this.
Katie AB says
I want this for a friend who’s pregnant
Stephanie Larison says
I would love to win it for myself!
I will be gifting this to a friend who is pregnant with twins!
Lisa P. says
I want to win this for my daughter.
golden storm says
I would win it for my son and girlfriend who r expecting
Victoria Carlson says
Would love to win this nursing pillow for my pastor’s wife who is expecting a baby in June!
I want to win a Mombo for my best friend who is expecting her first little boy!
Ashley Suzanne says
This would be for my newest nephew due in July
Stacey B says
I’d love to win it for our baby girl due in August
Nicole Sender says
My daughter-in-law who is due this fall!
for a coworker
Charlene S says
I want to win for my cousin.
Patricia Wojnar Crowley says
I want to win for my sister!
This would be for our family.
Very nice pillow i would love to win it.
Marisa Johnson says
I would like this for myself. I’m currently expecting, and I have every intention of making breastfeeding work this time around!. And if it fails, at least this pillow could be used for something else for the baby.
Darlene Jones-Nelson says
I would win this for my Little Sister whom is expecting her first child in October
Amanda B says
This would be for myself. Baby number 2 is due in one week.
I would use this myself.
Nicole Larsen says
I’d like to win this for myself since baby #2 is due in July!
Valerie Taylor Mabrey says
vmkids3 at msn dot com
Suzanne Lewis says
I have 4 pregnant friends right now. I’d love to win for any one of them!
Just got home with our newborn yesterday and the Boppy just isnt working for her.
I’d love to win this for my cousin
Erica C. says
We would keep it for ourselves.
Tim Stephens says
I want to win for my wife and I we just had a new baby girl Ivy
Taryn Pasco says
I would love to win this for myself! My son is 3 months old & I do not have one of these!!
susan smoaks says
i want to win this for our niece
Teresa Thompson says
My son and daughter in law just found out theyre expecting and this would make a great shower gift.