Alternate title for this post, “Do I have everything, Am I Ready?” 🙂
After a bit of a labor scare Friday night, well early Saturday morning. I went from bags half packed, to bags in the car ready to go in 30 minutes. I had a list of what I wanted to pack, so I think I got everything… but did I?
I highly recommend two bags – a labor bag and a recovery bag. The labor bag can be pretty small, but it should have a few essentials you might need during deliver. What you don’t want is to have to have hubby lug your stuff around the hospital if you are labor or if you are sent home (like I was).
Here’s my list of what to pack for the hospital, did I miss anything?
Labor bag –
- Hair ties
- Camera + Charger
- Phone + Charger
- Notepad + pen – you will forget things you want to remember
- Something to record those little footprints (Good call Crissi – see comment below)
- Sweater – if you are in labor you won’t need it… but if you end up sitting around and eventually being sent home, you might get cold. I did. (Hubby was FREEZING, so you might want to suggest this to your hubby too.)
- Laptop + Charger
- 3 Pairs PJs for me to wear – no hospital gown for this mama
- Flip flops – for the shower
- Towels – (thanks for reminding me Laura – see her comment below)
- Make up and hair brush/dryer – hello, photo opp!
- Nursing bra(s)
- Roll of soft toilet paper – who wants sandpaper after all that trauma!
- Boppy – I know some people skip this, but I loved having mine with me last time
- Pillow – I like to take my own pillow, with a colorful case so no one mistakes it as a hospital pillow
- Going home outfit for me – something comfy but a little cute 🙂
- A couple onsies/sleepsacks/hats for baby – just for cute
- Going home outfit for baby
- Wipes – they give you washcloths that are like sandpaper, very hard to use
- Gift for older kids – make your big kids feel special and pack a special gift for baby to give them in the hospital (I chose a Bitty Baby by American Girl and this Big Sister Book)
What not to bring (in fact, stock up while you are at the hospital)
- Swaddling blankets
Alright mamas – did I miss anything? (I know, I am an over packer. I like to be prepared.)
Oh… and wish me good luck. Baby is due October 9, if not sooner…