This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
You know when you have an idea of something in your head, and you have to cross your fingers and hope it turns out the way you want? That’s the story behind these Reindeer OREO Cookie Balls. And I am so pleased that they turned out just as cute as I hoped, and they taste as good as they look.
Reindeer OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint (optional)
- Candy Eyes (for decoration)
- Jumbo Red Sprinkles (for decoration)
- Brown Pipe cleaners or pretzels (for decoration)
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended. Fold in optional peppermint.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate. Quickly decorate with eyes, nose and antlers before chocolate begins to set. Place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Reindeer OREO Cookie Balls should be stored covered in the refrigerator.
Tip: because the cookie balls are cold the chocolate hardens fairly quickly, so it is best to dip and decorate one by one. And because you don’t want your OREO Cookie Ball to soften before you dip it in chocolate, I recommend taking the cookie balls out of the fridge to decorate in two or three batches.
To make the antlers cut brown pipe cleaners into eighths, bend to shape and insert before chocolate hardens. Pipe cleaner antlers must be removed prior to eating. An alternative edible option is to use pretzels, but I really liked the way the pipe cleaners looked. And no one minded removing the antlers before eating.
Snowball OREO Cookie Balls
While I was making my cute little reindeer, I thought they would be cute paired with a few snowballs. So I grabbed some white candy melts and dunked a few of the OREO Cookie Balls into white chocolate (instead of the semi-sweet chocolate). I sprinkled a few pearly white sprinkles and made Snowball OREO Cookie Balls.