This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ZYRTEC®.
It’s allergy season, again. But my constant sneezing isn’t the only symptom that gives away my suffering. To add insult to injury, there is also itchy, watery, red, puffy eyes. Lucky me, I have ALLERGY FACE®, which means I look as miserable as I feel. Lovely.
For days when I am sitting behind a computer screen all day and my biggest risk of “seeing someone” is the mailman, I don’t bother with my allergy face. (Hey, I am lazy too.) This avoidance often leads to my husband remarking,”Long day?” Which prompts a look in the mirror at those puffy red and watery eyes.
Of course on other days I need to be out in the world, and I don’t want to look like I have had a long day at 10 am! That is where 24-hour ZYRTEC® and a few strategic makeup tricks can really do wonders for my ALLERGY FACE® and help me face the day ahead with confidence (and less puffiness).
ZYRTEC® has teamed up with celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg to help allergy sufferers combat ALLERGY FACE® beauty challenges like watery eyes, a red nose and a puffy face. Some of her tips I am very well acquainted with (waterproof mascara!), while others were a bit surprising and I can’t wait to test for myself.
ALLERGY FACE® beauty tips from Jamie Greenberg:
- Use a waterproof liquid liner (and mascara) if you suffer from watery eyes.
- Color correct redness by dabbing on a green-tinted concealer. The green tint helps combat redness.
- Blue mascara helps make eyes look whiter, more awake and draw away from a red nose.
- Add red or pink cream blush to the apple of your cheeks if you have a red nose, and then lightly dab concealer on your nose to lessen the intensity.
- To combat puffiness, use a brown color to contour your face, creating an illusion of more definition.
On ZYRTEC®’s Facebook page you will find even more tips from Jamie as well as six beauty style cards created for ALLERGY FACE® sufferers.
What is your best tip for allergy sufferers to combat the dreaded ALLERGY FACE®?