This weekend we get an extra hour of sleep. I don’t know about you, but that is cause to celebrate!
Of course, with the end of Day Light Savings time I will have to deal with it being darker earlier (boo) and the kids being all of schedule for days (ugh). But an extra hour of sleep – that I will always take.
By the way, this is officially your reminder to set your clocks before you go to bed on Saturday night. The time changes at 2 am Sunday morning. Don’t forget!
My girls are
good excellent sleepers, even still I have to agree with the 52% of moms survey by Pampers who said their baby’s sleep patterns are thrown off when the clocks ‘fall back’ and Daylight Savings Time ends. Heck, my own sleep patterns are thrown off most of the time.
Tips to help your baby adjust to Daylight savings changes from “The Sleep Lady,” Kim West.
- Make a point to slowly adjust your child’s bedtime an naptimes an hour earlier, just 15-30 minutes a dar for a few days before the time change.
- Make sure your children are well-napped during the day so when the time change takes effect having a latter feeling bedtime isn’t as much of an issue.
- To ensure that you children know when it’s time to sleep, rely on your established soothing bedtime routine.
Of course with a little one an extra hour of sleep might also mean a leaky diaper. Keep your baby dry with Pampers Baby Dry diapers.
- An “Ultra Absorb” core to cover up to 95% of overnight loads*
- Our most absorbent Baby Dry ever (sizes 2-5) with a 15% increase in capacity
- Three layers of absorbency vs. two (the amount found in ordinary diapers)
- A longer absorbent area and new, fun graphics
- Snug, stretchy sides, colored tabs and a belted design to reassure parents that the diaper will hold up
#PampersSleepChat Twitter Party
What – Twitter Party to chat about how the end of Daylight Savings Time can affect sleep patterns and get tips on easing the transition from The Sleep Lady, Kim West.
When – November 7 at 9 pm EST
Who – To participate, follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, sleep expert @TheSleepLady and our sponsor @Pampers.
- 50 AMEX Gift Card, $25 Children’s Place Gift Card, Pampers product and book by Kim West
- $100 AMEX Gift Card, Pampers Product, series of books by Kim West
- $500 AMEX Card to purchase sleep items such as a new crib, video monitor, etc.
One lucky reader will receive a pack of Baby Dry Diapers and Children’s Place PJs (in your choice of sizes).
To enter – Please use the Rafflecopter form below to take advantage of your entry opportunities.
MANDATORY ENTRY MUST BE LEFT AS COMMENT ON BLOG POST BELOW– then you can check off in Rafflecopter that you did it. Otherwise, all other entries will be invalid. *** PLEASE be sure to read instructions in Rafflecopter form as to what to comment about.***
Contest ends November 15, 2013.
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.