My daughter’s last day of preschool was May 11, which means she’s already been out of school for more than two weeks. The novelty has worn off. Mom and baby sister are just not as exciting as school. Yesterday we played in the rain, painted a picture, watched a little TV, sang songs, read a book, did a load of laundry and when I looked at the clock it was only 11 am! Keeping an active four year old busy is a full-time job.
Thank you to LeapFrog for sponsoring my post about Leapfrog Summer Camp.
Later this summer, I have her enrolled in a couple of camps in the mornings. They will be a lot of fun and provide a much needed break, but I need help entertaining her the rest of the summer. That’s why I was excited to learn that LeapFrog has an online Summer Camp. Combining learning with playtime, this eight-week camp is filled with project ideas, printables, crafts, etc that explore geography, writing, science, art and more.
Did I mention the best part? The LeapFrog Summer Camp is totally free! All you have to do is register to receive emails every other Sunday filled with the curriculum you need to guide your little one’s play. Camp is geared toward kids 4-7, and in addition to activities there will also be weekly contests. Oh and if you need any LeapFrog toys, participants will be able to receive 15% off in the LeapFrog store too.
The camp is designed to provide daily activities that build upon each other, but since camp director is dear old mom you can go at your kids pace. Got a busy week planned? Go ahead an skip this week and rejoin next week. Or perhaps you need extra entertainment one day, do a whole week’s worth of activities. You are in charge mom, make it your own!
Camp starts June 4, here’s a look at the LeapFrog Summer Camp schedule:
- Week 1: June 4-10 Out & About—Learn about the people and places in our world on your way to becoming a global citizen.
- Week 2: June 11-17 Caring for Animals—Experience animals in new ways and explore themes of responsibility and compassion.
- Week 3: June 18-24 Puzzle Time—Build logic and reasoning skills as you puzzle your way through brain-bending activities!
- Week 4: June 25-July 1 Art & Music—Let your creativity run wild as you experiment with a range of media, including handmade instruments, crafts and a home art gallery!
- Week 5: July 2-8 Writing That’s Real—Explore fascinating nonfiction topics and try your hand at investigative writing.
- Week 6: July 9-15 Storytelling—Bring your ideas to life through storytelling, music, art, drama and pretend play!
- Week 7: July 16-22 Science Adventures—Observe, ask questions and draw conclusions as you explore and investigate the world around you.
- Week 8: July 23-29 Friendship Week—Get ready for school and International Friendship Day by exploring what it means to be friends.
Go ahead and register for LeapFrog’s Summer Camp now so you don’t miss any of the fun.