We have made it a priority in our house to eat healthier by eating more fresh foods over processed or pre-packaged ones and eating out less too. Some nights it is simply easier to just take something frozen out of the freezer and stick in the oven, but we have gotten into a pretty good habit of cooking fresh. Typically we cook fresh meals four – five nights a week. I would be happy eating from the same limited menu most nights, but my husband (who does the cooking) often tries new culinary experiments in an effort to keep things from becoming boring and make sure K gets the chance to try lots of different foods. His meals don’t always go according to plan, but he’s come up with some pretty tasty dishes so far.
Publix also wants to help keep mealtime a happy time and as stress free as possible, and it is having a “Best Meals Happen at Home” event from March 8 through March 14. Be on the lookout for great savings on your favorite participating brands during the event, and starting March 8 you’ll be able to score some coupons at your local Publix store to help you save through March 28.
Be sure to also checkout BestMealsatHome.com where you can sign-up and receive emails with weekly recipes and coupon offers to help you save up to $200 this year. All of the meals can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, which is important for busy families.
After checking the site, I found a recipe I want to try – Lemon Chicken Primavera. Here’s what you need.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil, divided
- 1 large shallot of small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock-Chicken
- 6 oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2″ thick diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
- Combine flour with pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs, then flour mixture; set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons spreadable butter in 12-in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, bout 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon spreadable butter in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in water, lemon juice and Knorr Homestyle Stock-Chicken until stock is melted. Bring to a boil over high-heat, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and asparagus is tender, about 3 minutes. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
Be sure to check out the Best Meals Happen at Home event for savings and recipe ideas to inspire your dinner.
GIVEAWAY – How does $25 worth of free groceries sound? Enter to win a $25 Publix gift card.
To enter – Please use the Rafflecopter form below to take advantage of your entry opportunities.
MANDATORY ENTRY MUST BE LEFT AS COMMENT ON BLOG POST BELOW– then you can check off in Rafflecopter that you did it. Otherwise, all other entries will be invalid. (Click instructions for what to comment about.)
*** PLEASE be sure to read instructions in Rafflecopter form as to what to comment about.***
Disclosure – The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.0