I LOVE Christmas shopping for others. I enjoy finding just the right gift for everyone on my list, and since my budget isn’t what it once was I love finding the best deal on these perfect gifts. It’s kind of a game, a game that rewards me by seeing joy in the faces of my loved ones. Plus I have gotten quite good at getting great gifts for great prices. So, here are a few tips for smarter holiday shopping and gifting.
- Start Early – If you haven’t already adopted this early policy, it is too late for 2010, but keep this motto in mind starting Dec 26, 2010 for Christmas 2011. Seriously, this is when I start!
- Know Return Polices – Prices fluctuate a LOT this time of year, so it is important to know a store’s return policy before purchasing. You don’t want to get stuck with a high price item that goes on sale elsewhere.
- Organize the Receipt -In line with the last tip, it is important to keep your receipts organized. I like to take receipts to big ticket items to make sure they stay together. Keep gift receipts too, just in case the receiver gets 2 of the same fab gifts.
- Combine Sales with Coupons – This is a great way to bring the price way down. Certain toy companies, such as Hasbro, offer great manufacturer coupons. Find the item you want on sale and use a coupon too.
- Shop Around – It is the busiest season of the year, so plan out your trips. But checking out several stores can be a great way to save some coin.
- Shop Online – I love to shop in malls because I totally get into the hustle and bustle. BUT the best deals to be had are often online. PLUS no lines and no screaming kids.
- Ebates – Smart shoppers use Ebates to get money back on online purchases.
- Buy Gift Cards On eBay – Purchasing gift cards on eBay is a GREAT way to save money. You can buy gift cards to purchase gifts or to give as gifts. Either way, you can save some % on your gift card while helping to purchase an unused gift card off someone else.
- Enter Giveaways – Have you noticed that I like to giveaway lots of great gifts! Enter my giveaways for your chance to win FREE gifts.
- Read TheSuburbanMom – I post multiple holiday deals every day, if you aren’t subscribed to my blog, subscribe now so you don’t miss any great deals. Oh, and act quick. Some of the deals I post only last a matter of minutes before they are snapped up.
Now that you have my tips for smart holiday shopping, make your list, check it twice and get shopping! Happy shopping and stay tuned for lots of great holiday gift ideas and deals!
Disclosure – I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Office Depot blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 Office Depot gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.