Wendy’s has introduced a new combo lineup to its menu, and last Thursday I was invited to attend a special blogging event to introduce the new menu options. Several local bloggers including blogging pals TheUnemployedMom, MySentimentExactLee and MammaMia! and new friends FromTracie, MommyNamedApril and AwesomeAngie were in attendance. I was excited to finally meet Jessica from TheUnemployedMom in person after months of email and Facebook chatting. I also brought my friend Amy along for the event and our daughters.
Unfortunately, I am a picky eater, and I don’t eat salads. (I know, I am weird.) So I left it to my pal to tell me about her Pick 2 lunch. She chose the Baja Salad and Baked Potato, and she said it was both tasty and filling. (For the record, I had a baked potato so I had 1/2 of a Pick 2.)
Wendy’s Pick 2 menu offers 28 possible combinations by choosing one of 4 salads (half portions of premium salads) and a side – each combination is only $4.99. Eighteen of the new combinations are less than 600 calories (without dressing), and all of them combine fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy and proteins. To view nutritional information, please visit www.wendys.com.
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, a perfect mix of peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbles, sweet cranberries and roasted pecans, topped with warm grilled chicken
- Baja Salad, a hearty Southwestern salad that features fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and Wendy’s original chili, all topped with a red jalapeno dressing
- Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad, offering hand-chopped Romaine lettuce and sweet grape tomatoes topped with shaved Asiago cheese and warm spicy chicken
- BLT Cobb Salad, which mixes crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon with real blue cheese crumbles, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes and an avocado ranch dressing
- Wendy’s Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, featuring a hot and juicy beef burger with American cheese and fresh-cooked, thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Wendy’s rich and meaty chili
- Baked Potato (cooked in an oven, not zapped in a microwave)
- One of our grilled or spicy homestyle Chicken Go Wraps
- Dasani bottled water
- Small Frosty
- Small beverage
We all enjoyed our lunches and the opportunity to meet other bloggers in person. Here are some other pictures from our lunch:
Me with Jessica from TheUnemployed Mom
Me with Amanda from MammaMia! (She’s due next month!)
Enjoying the kids’ meal
Win It – In addition to treating bloggers to lunch, Wendy’s wants to treat you to lunch to try the new Pick 2 menu with a $7 gift card.
Mandatory Entry – Tell me your Pick 2 combo
- “Like” TheSuburbanMom on Facebook. (Already a do, that counts too, just leave a comment.)
- Sign up for my newsletter. (You must confirm your subscription – thanks.)
- Follow TheSuburbanMom on Twitter ( @SuburbanMomClub) and tweet about this give away. “Enter to #win a #wendyspick2 gift card from TheSuburbanMom @SuburbanMomClub #giveaway http://wp.me/pQHaE-1MA”
- Subscribe to Mom Audience.
Contest ends November 8, 2010 at 11:59 pm. Open to U.S. residents in the continental U.S. only. Winning comment will be chosen at random by Random.org and contacted for shipping information. Winner will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored giveaway, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.