The dog was always in time out. My sister and I both always wanted to be the dog, so no one got to be the dog. I think by default I usually choose the hat. Did you know kids have been fighting over their choice of a dog, top hat, wheel barrow, race car, boot, iron, battleship and thimble for 75 years? LOL That’s right Monopoly is 75 years old. When you play Monopoly, which game piece is your avatar?
If you ever dreamed of winning REAL money from playing Monopoly, here’s your chance:
TO CELEBRATE THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF MONOPOLY, WE ARE GIVING AWAY THE BANK!
Starting on July 15, the Monopoly “Money Makes It Real” contest kicks off. To enter, simply describe what you would do if the money in the Monopoly game were turned into real money—in 75 words or less.
Would you travel around the world? Buy the Scottie dog you’ve always wanted? Repair your home? It’s your turn to tell us what you’d do if you won the Monopoly bank! Enter by September 2nd to be considered.
For more details on how to enter, visit the Family Game Night Facebook page.
In addition to bringing you details about how you could win real Monopoly money, I also have two Monopoly games to giveaway!
Buy it – You can buy Monopoly on Amazon.
Win it – Two lucky TheSuburbanMom readers will each win a Monopoly game for their family.
Mandatory Entry – Tell me your game piece of choice.
- Sign up for my newsletter. (You must confirm your subscription – thanks.)
- Become a fan of TheSuburbanMom on Facebook. (Already a fan, that counts too, just leave a comment.)
- Follow TheSuburbanMom on Twitter ( @SuburbanMomClub) and tweet about this give away. “Enter to #win a Monopoly game from TheSuburbanMom @SuburbanMomClub #giveaway http://wp.me/pQHaE-1jq”
- Subscribe to TheSuburbanMom’s RSS Feed
- Leave a comment on any other post on my blog, including entering another giveaway! (1 entry)
Contest ends August 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm. Open to U.S. residents in the continental U.S. only. Winning comment will be chosen at random by Random.org and contacted for shipping information. Winner will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure – Hasbro Games provided the Monopoly game for giveaway, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. No compensation was received.0