Last week K started school, today she woke up with the back-to-school sickies. Feeling pretty blah, I decided a Doc McStuffins treat was the perfect way to cheer her up and get her mind off not feeling so hot. So borrowing an idea from my friend, we settled down to make a Doc McStuffins The Doc’s In Door Sign and watch the new Doc McStuffins DVD. Of course if you are going to play doctor, you have to dress the part!
Make your own Doc McStuffins The Doc’s In Door Sign.
- Popsicle Sticks (27 sticks)
- Glue (Elmer’s School Glue & Glue Sticks)
- Doc McStuffins Door Sign Printable
- Wax Paper (optional)
If you have been saving your Popsicle sticks all summer for projects like we have, then this is the perfect chance to put them to work. If not, you can use store-bought sticks too. (But I like the green, upcycled version myself.)
When gluing Popsicle sticks, I like to mix two parts Elmer’s School Glue with one part water. The mixture makes it easy to “paint” the glue along the edges with a paint brush. You don’t need much glue, about the size of a quarter.
Laying down a sheet of wax paper, glue the edges of 12 Popsicle sticks together. Next glue a loop of ribbon to the back of your sticks. To secure your ribbon and your sticks, glue three sticks horizontally across the back of your sticks (the top one should lay over the ribbon). Now you are ready to glue another 12 sticks vertically across the back of your sign board. (See picture.)
Once the glue dries, use a glue stick to attach the Doc is In sign to one side and the Doc is Out sign to the other side of your Popsicle stick sign board. (Tip – set a heavy book on the sign to help it dry flat.)
Next up, we are going to make Doc McStuffins’ Big Book of Boo-Boos. (They keep talking about this during Disney Junior, so she has been asking to make this.) You will find the Doc McStuffins’ Big Book of Boo-Boos printable and instructions here.
While you are doing some of the mom jobs, like cutting, keep your little one entertained with Doc McStuffins coloring pages. To Print your coloring pages, click on the images below.
While you are making your projects pop in the new Doc McStuffins DVD - now available. The DVD contains five full-length episodes, each consisting of two 11-minute stories, that highlight some of Doc’s favorite toys. (The Doc McStuffins Golden Book will be on our Christmas list for sure!)
- ENGINE NINE, FEELIN’ FINE! – Doc and her toys learn a lesson about dehydration after discovering that Donny’s toy fire engine has run out of water.
- THE RIGHT STUFF – Stuffy rips his tail and tries to hide it from Doc and the other toys and learns that anyone can get hurt – even brave dragons.
- CAUGHT BLUE-HANDED – When a mysterious rash of blue spots breaks out among some of the toys in the clinic, Doc traces the “Mystery Pox” back to Donny’s toy monster, Glo-Bo who had been finger-painting earlier in the day and forgot to wash his hands. Glo-Bo is voiced by Jim Belushi.
- TO SQUEAK, OR NOT TO SQUEAK – Doc helps a plastic toy duck get his voice back after his squeaker pops out.
- BEN/ANNA SPLIT! – When Doc’s huggy monkey doll Ben loses the velcro patch that attaches him to his sister Anna, Doc glues it back on and tells him that he will have to stay in the clinic overnight while it dries.
- THAT’S JUST CLAW-FUL – Doc prescribes physical therapy for her crab bath toy Hermie after she reattaches one of his claws that has fallen off.
- THE RIP HEARD ROUND THE WORLD – While dancing with Lambie, Doc accidentally rips a hole in her fur.
- WALKIE-TALKIE TIME – Doc diagnoses a toy walkie-talkie with “Staticosis” and helps find his missing antenna so he can communicate clearly again.
- DARK KNIGHT – During a sleepover with all of her toys, Doc discovers that Sir Kirby is afraid of the dark and prescribes a night light to cure him of the “Dark Willies.”
- HALLIE GETS AN EARFUL – When Hallie is having trouble hearing, Doc gives her a hearing test and realizes that she has extra cotton stuck in her ears.
Disclosure – I was sent promotional items, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.