We had a problem that drove me nuts. We had rings. Toilet bowl rings that wouldn’t go away. Now before you go thinking that I don’t clean my toilets, please think better of me. We regularly clean our toilets. Furthermore, I have tried a series of things to clean these rings but nothing touches them. After becoming more and more frustrated by our rings, I was desperate (and totally disgusted, it was embarrassingly gross). Finally I found a solution that worked, and I am shouting the news from the roof tops. Because it worked for me this post includes affiliate links to help support this website.
Here’s the story. We have three toilets: one is pristine clean, one has a small ring issue and the third is my nemesis. Our house is seven years old, and for the first 4-5 years the toilet near my daughter’s room was rarely used. It basically just sat. The toilet near the guest room got some use, and the toilet in our master got regular use. Since those with the least use are the bowls with the issue, I am lead to believe this is a hard water issue. (Which I know we have.)
Alright, so here’s what I have tried…
- Cleaning it with toilet bowl cleaner (many brands with false promises)
- Cleaning it with toilet bowl cleaner with bleach (more brands, more false promises)
- Cleaning the bowl with multiple other brands of cleaners not intended for toilets…
- Those flushing tablet things – I can’t stand the blue water and chemical/bleach smell every time I flush
- Scrubbing the bowl with baking soda
- Scrubbing the bowl with Borax (a suggestion from a friend)
- Pouring cans of Coke in the bowl (also a friendly suggestion – the acid is supposed to dissolve the ring)
- And on and on… I promise I tried everything I could think of…
Then, one day my husband saw a product. The Pumie. I wasn’t hopeful, but for less than $10 it was worth a shot. I had tried everything else. I seriously thought I was going to have to buy a new toilet to get rid of the rings (not that I would find new toilet money in my budget, but I really thought there was no hope).
So The Pumie arrives… This unassuming pumice stone on a stick is my new best friend. No exaggeration necessary. Those rings that I have lived with for years were gone in five minutes. Five minutes, two toilets, pristine once more. Even the lovely ladies and gentleman who have reviewed this product on Amazon sing its high praises (with a few negative nellies as always).
No longer do I feel ashamed when guest use my potty. No unsightly rings. The Pumie works, and I am a customer for life!
If you have toilet bowl rings, you need The Pumie. You will thank me later.
And now for the visual proof…
And yes, for the record, the before picture was taken after being cleaned with my normal cleaner.