This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Schreiber Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Meals are hard, it seems like snacks should be easy, but they aren’t. With so many choices, snacks can be just as overwhelming as meals. Plus so many snacks lack the wholesome ingredients that I want my kids to eat. It may be “just a snack,” but I want it to benefit their bodies too. But there are some easy things you can do to help kids snack better.
Get Kids To Snack Better
- Keep healthy snacks on hand. It’s hard because my kids love convenient snacks like chips, but I want them to snack healthy. So I only buy snacks that I am happy to put in their bellies. (Except for the occasional treat, of course.)
- Grab-and-go snacks. My kids never want a snack when it is offered. They want it 10 minutes later when I am in the middle of something. So grab-and-go snacks makes snack time easy for them to serve. I even created a special spot in our fridge that is just for healthy snacks, so my kids can feel free to help themselves. String cheese is perfect for this.
- Buy snacks mom likes too. I don’t know about you, but I need snacks too. Instead of buying “kid snacks” and “mom snacks,” buy snacks everyone will eat. Not only does it make shopping easier, but your kids will see you making the same healthy snacking choices and learn by example.
- Change it up. My kids get tired of the same old snacks, heck I get tired of the same old snacks. So the best way to keep them making healthy snack choices is by mixing it up.
- Buy the cute packages. Maybe you don’t care if Elsa or Ana are on your snacks, but your kids do. And if it makes them want to choose a healthy snack — go for it. A mom’s gotta do what a mom’s gotta do.
I’ve mentioned before that my kids are the perfect target audience for fancy packaging. They are absolutely the reason products put licensed characters on products. (I am sure most kids are this way, but I only really know my kids.) If it has their favorite characters on it, clearly it tastes better and we must buy it. So they were super excited to see Disney® Frozen String Cheese appear in our fridge. Mom tip – I purchased the Disney® Frozen String Cheese at Walmart.
String cheese is one of our regular snacks, the kids love it because it tastes good and I love it because it is an easy and wholesome snack. And now string cheese comes in packages featuring kids’ favorite characters. It’s an all-around snack time win.
And string cheese isn’t just for kids! Since I am currently seven months pregnant, I do a lot of snacking these days. Disney® Frozen String Cheese is made with milk and is a good source of calcium and protein, so it is a great snack for me too. I like to grab one as I head out the door to pick up my daughter from the bus stop.
Get more helpful tips for mom and ideas for kids’ activities, and then download a coupon for $1 off a Disney® Frozen String Cheese product (expires 1/15/2017).
How will your kids enjoy their string cheese – at lunch or as an afternoon snack?
Leave a Reply