Blue skies and warmer weather have already arrived in Florida, and as the first to taste spring we are already packing up our “winter clothes” and breaking out the spring wear. Pastels and beachy themes rule this spring, and my girls are ready to trade their boots and long sleeves for flip flops and sunnies.
Since last year’s shorts and tees are a bit too snug — the kids, they just keep growing. I am shopping for the perfect spring looks for my girls for play time, vacations and even a couple of weddings. Oh boy it is going to be a busy spring!
By the way, I made the mistake of showing my almost six year old the outfits I pulled together from Carter’s, and she now assumes I am buying them all for her! So fair warning, don’t show your little girls until you are ready to buy! For even more spring inspiration, check out my Carter’s Spring Style Pinterest Board.
Even though it is already reaching the ’80s by the afternoon, for now the mornings are still cool. So to keep those little leggies warm, while still being cool enough for playtime in the afternoon, I stock my girls up with tunics and leggings. I am a sucker for the classic navy and white, and this outfit just pops with a couple of cute coral accessories.
She Sells Sea Shells By The Sea Shore
- Woven Print Tunic – $22 on sale for $13.50
- Two Pack Stretch Leggings – $20 on sale for $12
- Bubble Bead Necklace and Bracelet Set – $12 on sale for $9
- Glitter Slip-on Shoes – $34 on sale for $26
- 2-Pack Sparkle and Flower Headbands – $12 on sale for $9
This outfit is all girly, but still totally functional for playtime and school (just swap the fedora for a ponytail). This might be my favorite look, especially since my girls practically live in flops, sunnies and hats spring through summer. And with a trip to California in April, this look just screams California Dreaming!
- Woven Print Top – $22 on sale for $17
- Cotton Roll-Cuff Shorts – $20 on sale for $15
- Carter’s Metallic T-Strap Sandals – $32 on sale for $24
- Fedora Hat – $18 on sale for $14
- Rainbow Wayfarer Sunglasses – $8 on sale for $6
- 4-Pack Pom Pom Hair Clips – $12 on sale for $9
Beach friendly, this look also doubles for school and play. Sparkles make everything better right? Well, they certainly dress up a plain tee — it’s hard to see in the picture, but this seahorse tee is glittery. And I kind of want a pair of polka dot sunnies for me!
- Seahorse Sparkle Tee – $16 on sale for $8
- Cotton Flat-Front Shorts – $18 on sale for $9
- Carter’s Glitter T-Strap Shoes – $34 on sale for $26
- Polka Dot Wayfarer Sunglasses – $8 on sale for $6
- Sparkle Skinny Belt – $12 on sale for $9
Did you notice that every new spring item I selected is on sale — up to 50% off?! Plus use the printable coupon below to save an additional 20% off $40 or more through March 4, 2014. Now’s the time to stock up and save on spring essentials from Carter’s for babies – through size 12! Use the Carter’s store locator to find a store near you.
For the boys — don’t worry moms of boys, I didn’t forget about you. For some stylish looks for boys, check out Simply Being Mommy’s spring looks. PS – she’s also running a giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card Carter’s to stock up on their favorite spring styles
To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends March 14, 2014.