Slumber parties are fun and exciting for children because they not only get to have their friends over, they get to have them for the whole night. If one of your child’s friend is hosting a slumber party, and if you plan to send him or her off to it, then it’s important that you remember to pack the following things…
- Toothbrush: This one is obvious but a lot of times it gets ignored during the whole hustle and bustle. So don’t forget to pack your child’s toothbrush, or else he/she may end up getting uncomfortable around friends. If possible, buy a new one.
- Stuffed Toys: You wouldn’t want your kid to come back home crying for his or her teddy bear right? If your child is used to sleeping with stuffed animals then see to it that you pack some of these along with the other things. Just make sure you don’t over do it.
- Pajamas: The problem with kids, especially boys, is that they may just go to bed in whatever clothes they had been wearing all day. So ensure that you pack some boys pajamas and specifically instruct your kid to change into them like everybody else.
- Sleeping Bag: Sleeping on hard floors/rocky ground can be fun and tolerable for your kid with an indoor sleeping bag. Right from Retro Cowboy sleeping bags to Flowery sleeping bags, there are many cute and appealing sleeping bags out there that you can buy for your kid for the slumber party if you already don’t have one.
- Clothes for the Next Day: You don’t want your child to wear the same clothes two days in a row, right? Or stay in the pajamas he or she wore during the night? Of course not. This is why it makes sense to pack clothes for the next day. Don’t just pack any clothes you get your hands on. Remember to wash them and if possible iron them before packing.
Important Tips to Keep in Mind
- Pack your kid’s clothing/pajamas in a small backpack or even a duffle bag so that they’re easily accessible.
- If there are any medicines that your child is prescribed to, put them into a small plastic bag with clear instructions on when he/she will be needing them along with any other instructions.
- Don’t forget to give your kid your phone number if he or she hasn’t memorized it yet, so that they can contact you in case they need you for anything.
In conclusion, regardless of what kind of slumber party your child is going to attend, your job is to ensure that he or she doesn’t end up in a confusing or uncomfortable situation by taking care of the above preparation we discussed.
Disclosure – Consideration was given to review, edit, and post this article.