Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!
If those are as familiar words in your house as they are in mine, your little one will so the Hot Dog Dance when to she/he learns that Mickey and pals newest DVD adventure will be released tomorrow (May 24, 2011). A perfect way to start the summer, Mickey’s Great Outdoors features four episodes of MMCH and one brand new episode (not yet aired on TV) – all with an outdoor theme (and some of my daughter’s faves too).
The DVD includes:
All-New, Never-Before-Seen Bonus Episode:
- Mickey’s Fish Story – Daisy wants to find a fishy-friend for her goldfish Goldy – and we help her find other goldfish in the Jungle where we’re aided by the mysterious conga drummin’ Jungle-Pete! Boom-boom-bap-boom!
Episodes From “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” TV Show:
- Mickey’s Camp Out – Today Mickey and his friends are going to earn Clubhouse “Camp Out Badges” by completing two tasks – setting up camp and fishing for Gummy Fish. Everyone’s planning to camp with a “Tent Buddy”, but Donald decides to camp by himself – and he soon learns that camping with friends is much more fun than camping by yourself.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Jungle Safari – Minnie is determined to snap a photo of the rare Hula Hibiscus that only blooms once a year. So the sensational gang go off on a jungle safari and explore new territory to find this legendary flower.
- Daisy in the Sky – On Balloon Day, Daisy grabs a large batch of balloons and gets literally carried away along with Minnie and Pluto, who couldn’t hold her down. Mickey, Donald and Goofy kick into high gear to save their friends: they use a Giant Candy Cane (to rescue Pluto), a Party Horn (to warn animals out of the way), a Piggy Bank (to weigh down one side of an elevator so that Mickey can reach the top of the lighthouse), and a Toy Hammer (to fix the Ferris wheel).
- Daisy’s Grasshopper – Daisy has a new pet grasshopper named Wilbur, but the playful hoppin’ fella hops away – and we help all our Clubhouse friends hop after him and find him before the end of the day. Boing-boing!
Here’s a clip from one of K’s faves:
My little bright-eyes noticed the DVD box sitting on the kitchen table the moment she walked in from school the day it arrived, and it immediantly went right into the player. Of course, it was a total hit.
Bringing the TV show to life even more with the Mickey Mote, kids have the opportunity to interact with the DVD by answering questions throughout each episode. Since K was familiar with the Mickey Mote from Minnie’s Masquerade, she was all ready to go as soon as she saw the Mickey Mote in the box. It is a cute feature that she really enjoys, and I like that it shows that she is really paying attention and possibly even learning something while she watches.
Parent tip – each DVD that is compatible with a Mickey Mote will work with the same Mickey Mote. So you can pick up one DVD with a Mickey Mote (which is usually a bit more expensive) and then pick up just the DVD from then on to save a bit and still get all the benefits. To date, there are more than 13 Disney Preschool DVD titles for parents to choose from that can be used with the remote control, so it is worth having one around.
You can buy Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s Great Outdoors on Amazon with Mickey Mote for $17.99 (RT $29.99) or without a Mickey Mote for $12.99 (RT $19.99). (Of course, those prices are subject to change quickly as Amazon prices do.)
Disclosure – I was provided a copy of the DVD to facilitate this review, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My kids love Mickey and their Mickey Mote! 🙂