Remember when bubble captions on photos was the thing to do in photo albums? My family’s bookshelves are lined with photo albums filled with pages of carefully captioned photos with thought bubbles that my mom spent hours making sure where just right. Now there is a game that captures the spirit of the most hilarious photos and captions by challenging players to select the funniest caption for some pretty wild photos.
How to play (simplified) – Each person is dealt a selection of Bubble Talk (captions) cards and when the photo is revealed each person selects the best caption from their hand. The judge selects a winner for each photo.
In addition to the caption cards, the game instructions suggest that you could mix things up by letting people write in their own captions. As funny as the Bubble Talk cards are, with a creative group of people, this could really make for some laughs!
My thoughts – It is a simple, fun game. It could be played very seriously as a game or just as an ice breaker for a party by laying the cards out for people to play with on their own. While the box suggests 3-8 players, it could be played by any number of players in a more casual ice breaking manner. The game suggests ages 8+, but I think 10+ might be better suited. Not only do players need to be able to read, but there is an element of sarcastic humor that must be picked up on as well.
Buy it – Bubble Talk is available on Amazon for $19.99.
Win it — One lucky reader will win Bubble Talk.
Mandatory Entry – Visit Holiday Gift Guide and tell me one other gift that is on your list for the holidays.
- Sign up for my newsletter. (You must confirm your subscription – thanks.)
- “Like” TheSuburbanMom on Facebook. (Already a do, that counts too, just leave a comment.)
- Follow TheSuburbanMom on Twitter ( @SuburbanMomClub) and tweet about this give away. “Enter to #win Bubble Talk the game from TheSuburbanMom’s #giftguide @SuburbanMomClub #giveaway http://wp.me/pQHaE-2pF”
- Enter any of my other active giveaways in my Gift Guide – one entry per additional active giveaway
- Give Clean Water (see the widget on the right, it is free) – Can be done daily!
Contest ends December 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm. Open to U.S. residents in the continental U.S. only. Winning comment will be chosen at random by Random.org and contacted for shipping information. Winner will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored giveaway, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.