Having fun together doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Yes, a day at Disney is a blast, but there are so many simple ways to have fun on a budget. Think of this as a family fun staycation. 🙂 Here are some ideas to have fun together as a family. Nope these aren’t earth shattering, but sometimes we need to be reminded of the simple.
- Take a Walk. There are so many things to discover on a walk. Listen to the birds, feel the breeze, check out the leaves, watch for animals and run into neighbors. Every walk my family takes is different than the last, and each one is special.
- Talk. Yep, it’s that simple and that hard at the same time. Talk to your kids, talk to your husband. Just talk.
- Watch Something TOGETHER. I know TV is often given a bad rap, but if you choose programs wisely and you watch it together, it can be a wonderful bonding experience. Especially if you also use it as a lesson and TALK to your kids about what you watched together. (Note, this is not the same as the kiddos zoning into the TV while you make dinner.)
- Play Pretend. Dress up, dance, put on a play – whatever it is that floats your kids boat, do it. Dedicate sometime every day to doing one thing your little one dreams up.
- Run Errands TOGETHER. Not the most glamorous thing to do, but kids need to learn that certain things just have to get done. If you’ve got errands that you’ve been saving for the weekend, try taking your kiddo with you. In the car you can talk and sing songs. It might not be the quickest trip to the grocery store, but it’s got to get done and its a great “teachable” moment.
Disclosure – I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Leave a Reply