SEX. AND. THE. CITY! SJP and the girls are back, and I can’t wait!
Listening to the soundtrack for the first time, I wished I had a glass of wine (or possibly a cosmo) in hand instead of a steering wheel, but it was still good driving music. I am listening to the soundtrack again as I type, totally channeling my inner Carrie! My life as a suburban mom may be a lifetime away from the single life in the big city, but I love to get lost in the stories of the girls and their lives in the city.
I am totally into the first track on the CD – it may possibly be my fav. It is a wonderful version of Blondie’s “Rapture” done by Alicia Keys with a cool mix in of the Sex and the City theme and a rap about the girls. Totally makes me want to go see the movie right now. I am adding this to my MP3 player for the gym right away.
Overall, the CD has a cool Middle-Eastern vibe. Very chill music. It would be the perfect CD to put on when getting dressed for date night to get into an adult vibe — you know vs listening to Mickey Mouse for the millionth time 🙂 It would also make good background music for a mom’s night out.
I don’t think I have ever listened to a soundtrack prior to seeing a movie, so the entire time I kept trying to picture what could possibly be going on to the song.
I LOVE the Liza Minnelli version of “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it).” It isn’t Beyonce… but it made me smile the whole way through. In fact, one of my favorite aspects of the CD is that so many of the tracks were remakes of familiar tunes. I felt like I could almost sing along even though it was my first listen. And, of course, as a child of the 80’s Cyndi Lauper’s “True Colors” had me belting it out on the highway. (Oh yes, I am that crazy lady in the car next to you jammin in her car!)
The best NEW song on the soundtrack is “Love is Your Color” by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson and global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis. Also going on my gym listening list.
Here’s what else you’ll find on the soundtrack:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys “Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Where to buy? Amazon, of course (currently $11.99). Oh, and if you want to get in the mood to see the movie, head over and listen to a preview of the music on Amazon. Or buy an MP3 of Rapture & Love is a Color for your next workout!
So, who is seeing the movie this weekend? All of the grandparents are out of town this weekend, so I have to wait for my sitters to be around. Fingers crossed no one spills any spoilers!
Disclaimer – the soundtrack was provided to me for this review, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. No other compensation was received.
Leave a Reply