If you have not yet seen Wreck-It Ralph, today is the day — Wreck-It Ralph is now available in 3D on Blu-Ray / DVD and you gotta Watch It (and own it)!
THIS is the movie I have been telling anyone who will listen about. This is my favorite Disney movie of 2012, and now you can own a copy and join me in watching it over and over and over again. Wreck-It Ralph is clever, charming and so much more than you expect (well, it was for me.)
The all-star cast including John C. Reilly, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch and Sara Silverman lend their voices to create a fun family movie that is beloved by gamers and non-gamers a like. With a host of lovable characters, the movie has a special way of drawing audiences, even those unfamiliar with gaming, into the gaming world. Remember secretly wishing that toys really came to life after seeing Toy Story for the first time? Wreck-It Ralph will leave you feeling the same way about video games.
Who can resist when a big guy (that’s Ralph) befriends an impish little girl (that’s Vanellopee) and together they save the whole gaming world from disaster?! It is pure entertainment fun that is appropriate for the for whole family.
(Can you tell I love this movie?!)
- Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of “Wreck-It Ralph” – Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph.” The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
- Alternate & Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
- Video Game Commercials – Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film – Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
- “Paperman” – This animated short film played in theaters before “Wreck It Ralph.” It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention? (Academy Award Winner for Best Short Animated Film)
- Disney Intermission: The Gamer’s Guide to “Wreck-It-Ralph” – When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
I received a copy of this movie, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.