Does your little one love to “cook” as much as mine does? If so, here’s a contest for you. Avocados From Mexico is hosting a Mini Chef Video Contest, where parents are encouraged to film their mini chef’s preparing their favorite avocado dish and talking about what they love about avocados.
- Chef’s must be between 5-15 years old on or before 11/14/2011
- Create a 1-3 minute video
- Chef must mention why they love avocados
- Video must include the Avocados from Mexico jingle, either sung by your Mini Chef or using the actual recording found on our website
- Fill out the Entry form and upload video by December 4
- Ten finalists will be chosen featured on the homepage December 6.
- Voting will take place on the Avocados from Mexico YouTube Channel from December 6 – December 11
- The video with the most “Likes” will win the Grand Prize of $1,000 in cash, a Samsung HD Camcorder, a Nintendo 3D and a customized Mini Chef jacket
- Winner will be announced December 12, 2011
If your mini chef isn’t familiar with an avocado recipe and needs some kid-friendly recipe ideas, you can find tons on the Avocados From Mexico website. Or feel free to try my simple and tasty recipe (easy enough for a 5 year old to make).
- Sliced Turkey Breast
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Flour (or corn) Tortillas
- Ranch Dressing
- Spread small amount of ranch dressing on tortilla
- Layer sliced turkey breast
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese
- Lay two slices of avocado
- Roll tortilla like you would a burrito
- Cut in half or into pinwheels
We used to eat avocados fairly regularly in our house when K was very small. It is such an easy, soft food food for babies/toddlers to eat (not to mention that it is a super food). But as she got older we got out of the habit, so when we recently re-introduced her to the avocado she was (as usual) very hesitant at first. In the end, we were able to convince her to try it and, like most things, once she tried it, she really liked it. Since it is such a good-for-you food, I want to get back into the habit of eating them again. It’s so easy to add to a turkey roll up, there’s no reason not to. Next up, I want to make some homemade guacamole.