The Home Depot is having a Christmas Light Trade-In Event from November 4th through 14th. You can trade in sets of your old, used Christmas lights for a coupon for $3 off the purchase an energy efficient LED set. Limit of 5 trade-ins per customer. Your old Christmas lights will also be recycled too.
LED lights have many benefits including:
- Use 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights
- Cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire
- Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable and shock resistant than other lights
- The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs – enough to light two 24 foot strings
For more information about the event, head over here.