The original “Bare Necessities” are now available on Blu-Ray. (For those who don’t remember the catchy jingle, I am talking about Disney’s The Jungle Book.)
Meet the most unforgettable characters and embark on a thrilling adventure with Mowgli as he journeys deep into the jungle and learns “The Bare Necessities” of life from happy-go-lucky Baloo the bear. Meet Bagheera, the wise old panther, and crazy King Louie, the orangutan. But watch out for the cunning tiger Shere Khan and Kaa, the ssssneakiest snake in the jungle!
To celebrate the release of this treasured Disney classic, I was challenged to come up with some crafty inspiration and the Bare Necessities of crafting. Ready to get your craft on?
But first a little crafty inspiration. Check out these The Jungle Book Themed Crafts from Spoonful.
Animal Attraction Bracelets (my favorite!)
In order to make these crafts and more, everything starts with the basics — the Bare Necessities. (Even though I am not sure Baloo was crafter, I am sure he would appreciate the idea of getting back to the basics.) It is fair to say that I have far more than just the Bare Necessities in my craft room, but these are the basics that I can’t craft with out.
- Cutter Bee Scissors - Every crafter has to have a great pair of scissors, and my favorite are Cutter Bees. Plus they have a cover for the blades – a bonus for moms!
- Paper Slicer - Because I can’t cut a straight line – I just can’t do it – my paper slicer is my go-to tool for all important straight lines. Gotta have a paper slicer. I use my slicer weekly – for everything.
- Cardstock paper – Every crafter has to have a supply of nice paper. It’s the most basic of supplies. (Personally, I can’t stop buying papers.)
- Baker’s Twine – You don’t know how useful (and cute) twine is until you own a spool. Then you will wonder how you got by without it. (I own four colors!)
- Mod Podge – Another crafter necessity, this versatile adhesive can be used as a simple glue or a lacquer.
- Sharpies – I never go anywhere without a Sharpie. (Seriously, I keep one in my car.) A rainbow of colors is a must.
- Hot Glue Gun - My husband likes to tease about my love for the hot glue gun, but it really is a handy tool. I own two!
- X-ACTO Knife – For those projects when precision is a must – an X-ACTO is my go to.
- Washable Paint – Not just for paper, we use these paints for everything. The colors are bright and they are actually washable. (You’re welcome moms.)
- Hole Punch – Another tool that gets weekly use, the 1/4 inch is the most versatile punch for all kinds of projects. Plus the Fiskars brand is the nicest one out there.
- Hot Glue Sticks – A hot glue gun isn’t any good without the glue.
An awesome selection, right?
The Jungle Book is now available on Blu-Ray/DVD and Digital copy. Get in touch with your wild side and go back to the Bare Necessities with your family and enjoy this timeless classic and all of it’s musical pizzaz.
How would you like to win the Bare Necessities of Crafting?
One lucky winner will win the Bare Necessities of Crafting supplies – a $100 value – plus the Jungle Book on Blu-Ray/DVD.
To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends February 27, 2014