No-Bake Halloween Owl Cupcakes

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hostess Cakes for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I am slightly obsessed with owls these days, ever since decorating my baby’s nursery in owl theme. So when planning my annual Halloween party, I decided that I had to have owl cupcakes. Here’s the thing, I don’t bake. (It’s just not pretty.) So I knew I would need a shortcut. My first thought was Hostess Cupcakes!

I had everything planned out perfectly for the party, but don’t you know that when I headed off to the store in search of Hostess Cupcakes (you know, the ones with the white swirl down the middle) the store was out. There was a spot for them, but someone had cleaned them out. Grrrr! So I settled on the next best thing – Ding Dongs!

I am pleased to announce, the result is purely adorable. See for your self!

Owl Cupcakes Halloween Hostess Ding Dongs Desert

Want to make these yourself? They are so easy, here’s what you need.

Then simply half your Oreos, use the icing as glue and ensemble. That’s my kind of desert.

Owl Cupcakes Halloween Hostess Ding Dongs Desert

So, what did my partygoers think of my Halloween Owl Cupcakes?! They were a hit! I was assured that they were as tasty as they were cute. And you know what, I agree - they were yum!

If you are planning a Halloween party, or perhaps just an owl party, I highly recommend adding this simple treat to your menu. They make quite an impact on a desert table plus they are easy and quick, which is the name of the game.

Happy Halloween!

Visit Sponsor's Site

Comments

1. kathy pease says:

i remember my uncle worked for hostess and use to give my brother and i boxes of stuff that was expiring..lol

2. Hostess was an unusal treat when I growing up! It was so surprising when we got them they were treated with hallowed respect. You each got one and treasured it!!

3. susan smoaks says:

i remember always have hostess snack cakes at Bible school when I was growing up!

4. Robert Pyszk says:

My favorite memory was eating Twinkies when I was a kid. You know ? Back in the day when there was 3x the filling and it was 2x as big? ;)

5. Eating Twinkies at my nana’s house in the summer.

6. I loved finding a pack of twinkies tucked in the back of the car for a long road trip as a child!

7. Eating twinkies at my grandma’s house

8. mary gardner says:

i remember having twinkies in my lunch box on fridays! i was always so excited!

jagar0047 at yahoo dot com

9. Jamie Martin says:

Mailed a box to Hostess Cupcakes to my lady who was too sick to get them herself.

10. Melanie Montgomery says:

The first time I tried chocolate twinkies

11. Jaclyn Reynolds says:

Loved those Hostess Cupcake as a child!

12. Laurie Emerson says:

My husband knew how much I loved Twinkies and on a Valentine’s Day he gave me one with a big paper Valentine heart on the top. I went to break it in half to share with him and there inside was a diamond ring. I loved the way he proposed to me with my favorite sweet treat!
    lauraemerson17 at yahoo dot com

13. shirley zolenski says:

My dad taking one to work everyday but saying he was too full to eat it and bringing it home to us kids

14. Lucy Schwartz says:

Yeah Twinkies and tey were so good and a treat as they were ..and then someone told me to eat one out of the Freezer.YUM.

15. I remember eating Twinkies with my Grandmother when I was a child and staying at her house.

16. I remember my mom packing me Hostess cupcakes in my lunch as a kid.

17. Kassondra Flores says:

Twinkie’s were my go to snack but what I love the most about hostess was their commercials “where the cream filling?” Lol

18. Christian Alejandro N. says:

Hostess Cupcake are the best!

19. Jacob LaFountaine says:

Your first twinkie

20. My dad always had Twinkies and Cupcakes to take to work for lunch. It was a real treat when he shared them with me.

21. How cute and super easy!!! My daughter and son are going to love making and eating these!!

22. Oh my goodness those are so adorable! Thanks for the fun recipe idea.. I love no bake!

23. Richard Hicks says:

These are the cutest I have seen and so simple!

24. Mimi Williams says:

These are the cutest little treats! I would make these anytime!

Trackbacks

1. [...] No-Bake Halloween Owl Cupcakes Hostess Giveaway (3 winners) ends 11/5 [...]