Family Dinner Night (AKA FDN) is a standing weekly date on the calendar. Each Wednesday night we gather at Mimi and Papa Jack’s house for dinner, a little bit of entertainment (by my daughter) and family time. Grilling is a staple at FDN, and we all gather around the bar while Papa Jack fires up some grub.
Since my four-year-old daughter has been requesting steak recently (yes, really), this week we treated the family to a new recipe, and my hubs took over grill duties.
Everyone agreed that the new recipe is a keeper, it was grilled to perfection (good job hubs) and delish. The marinade was really good. (My mouth is watering again looking through the pictures.)
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper.
- Place meat in a shallow glass dish (or large Ziploc bag). Pour marinade over the steak, turning meat to coat thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. (We let it marinade overnight so the meat was especially tender.)
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Oil the grill grate. Place steaks on the grill, and discard the marinade.
- Grill meat for 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
We served the marinated flank steak with a tossed salad, loaded baked potatoes, cherry tomatoes and green beans.
While my husband manned the grill, my dad was free to enjoy some bar time. And I played around with my new camera lens. (Doesn’t it take pretty pictures!)
K entertained us all with a fashion show.
And baby girl soaked in some cuddles from her Aunt.
It was a fantastic FDN (as usual).
If you are looking for a grilling recipe, I highly recommend the marinated flank steak. It was soooo yummy. You’ll find even more yummy recipes and cooking tips at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com. For even more tips on how to make your next beef grilling perfection, check out this infographic.
Disclosure - I wrote this review while participating in a In Home Party campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of The National Cattlemen’s BeefAssociation and received product samples to facilitate my party and review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating.