Looking for something to entertain your kiddos this summer without breaking the bank? It’s possible, I promise. Here are a bunch of fun free summer activities for kids.
*Updated for 2016 with 16 free summer activities for kids!*
15 Free Summer Activities For Kids
- KidsBowlFree.com – Register your kids for two free games of bowling all summer long at lanes across the country.
- AMF Bowling – Register at AMF Bowling for free bowling for kids this summer, and you will receive a voucher each week for 2 free games per day through September 13.
- KidsSkateFree.com – Register your kids for coupons to skate free all summer long at rinks across the country.
- Free LEGO Model Build – LEGO offers free LEGO Builds for kids 6 – 14 year old every month.
- Free Lowes Build and Grow Kids Clinic – Attend a Lowes Build and Grow Clinic where kids build projects to take home. Themes are usually aligned with upcoming holidays. Space is limited so be sure to register.
- Free Home Depot Kids Workshops – Home Depot offers kids (5 – 12) workshops the first Saturday of every month between 9 – 12 pm. Kids get to keep their craft and receive a Free Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.
- American Girl Crafts – Stop by your local American Girl Store all summer to celebrate Lea, the 2016 Girl of the Year. Be sure to RSVP for events ahead of time.
- Lakeshore Learning Center – Free craft projects for kids every Saturday from 11 – 3 pm.
- Free National Park Entrance – Visit more than 100 national parks for free on August 25 – 28 and September 24.
- Free Museum Admission – Bank of America card holders can get free general admission to 150 museums nationwide the first full weekend of each month. Check to see what museums are free near you.
- Win Free Chuck E Cheese Tickets – Give your kids a head start toward the big prizes by playing online games to win tickets.
- Apple Summer Camps: Select Apple Retail stores hold summer camps where kids can make movies, create photo slideshows, write and record songs, put on a show for everyone, and learn how to do new things on a Mac. Each free workshop lasts three hours. Recommended for kids ages 8-12.
- Free Youth Spark Camps at Microsoft – YouthSpark Camps get kids of all ages coding, creating games and apps, and having a blast in the process. It’s all part of computer science.
- FREE Museum & Cultural Center Admission – The Target First program brings FREE and reduced-price events around the country. Many are the first weekend of a month, but check the calendar and locations near you to be sure.
- Pottery Barn Kids Book Club – Visit Pottery Barn Kids on Tuesdays from 11 – 11:30 for story time. Kids will get a book club passport the first time they attend and will earn a free special gift after attending five times. (Also check out free PBK workshops to make crafts like a Father’s Day card.)
- Bass Pro Shops Family Summer Camp – Bass Pro Shops host free activities and crafts for the family every Tuesday and Thursday starting at noon and Saturday and Sunday starting at noon. The events include free crafts, shooting gallery, casting pond, family workshops, campfire s’mores, photo, and merit badge workshops. Please note that not all activities are available at all Bass Pro Shops.
Nearly Free Summer Activities for Kids
- Michael’s – Find
free$2 kid’s craft projects on various Saturdays all year long. (Kid’s craft classes used to be free, but are now $2 including supplies.)